Thursday, May 17, 2012

T13 Snacks, Turkey Crescent Rolls of Awesome and Turkey, Rice and Broccoli Casserole

All Things Lovely


Snacks: favorites - not necessarily healthiest
  1. Salt and Vinegar Chips by Lays. Clear winner. No debate needed.
  2. Chips - in general
  3. Cheese, Crackers & meat (with pickles)
  4. Veggies & Dip (or Hummus)
  5. Popcorn
  6. Pizza Mini's
  7. Nacho's
  8. Chicken Wings
  9. Guacamole & Salsa with chips
  10. Boursin & Crackers
  11. Awesome Bites (crackers with a small amount of melted cheese, topped with sausage)
  12. Cheese Strings & Ham Sticks
  13. Freezies & Frozen yogurt sticks
oh I love food! This list makes me a bit sad since most of those food items are either on my no-go list at the moment, or in extreme reduced amounts.

But it is worth it! I see the waist line sliming out, the numbers on the scale getting smaller...and the days on my bike are gorgeous!


Now...onto my newest invention....Turkey Crescent Rolls of Awesome.


The Ingredients:


Mix together with Mayo


Fill and roll


Bake


Serve!


Eat!


Turkey Crescent Rolls of Awesome

Ingredients:
  • 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (other brands work as well)
  • Cooked, diced turkey
  • Diced tomato, half a tomato
  • Diced Avacado, half an avocado
  • 3 tablespoons of mayo
  • Garlic and onion salts to taste
  • Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Directions:
  1. Mix together meat, cheese and veggies with mayo and salts.
  2. Seperate Crescent Rolls onto cutting board, fill with a small amount of the mixture - filling it so that you can just close all the edges around it - and don't worry it doesn't close up to look like a crescent roll, so if they look like balls of dough, you've done it right.
  3. Place on baking sheets.
  4. Cook according to the directions on the Crescent Roll package (roughly 10 minutes at 400, I think)
These are great fresh out of the oven for dinner, and the leftovers make great cold lunches. I'm going to start making these before road trips, because they make a hearty and tasty lunch.

I'm assuming you could even make them ahead and freeze them, thawing them as you need.
Also this could be made with basically any meat and any veggies...it seems like the perfect way to use up food in your fridge!

I cooked mine and then ate it as dinner while I made dinner for the following night (and watched Heartland on my iPad as I do each night)


The dinner recipe you see above in the yellow bowl is Paul's favorite
"Rice, Broccoli & Turkey Casserole"

I might as well tell you the secret to that as well.
Because it's easy, tasty and Life Group approved.
They loved it.
And it always feels like cheating it's so easy.

Ingredients:
Cooked Rice (any type)
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
Steamed Broccoli
Can of Corn
Can of sliced Mushrooms
Shredded or cubed turkey (or chicken or ham, really)
Parmesan (shredded or powedered)

Directions:
Mix together (like above)
Put into casserole dish
Bake until the center is warm and the top if golden brown
(roughly 30-40 mins at 450)
Top with Parmesan at the halfway mark
I usually even stir mine then to ensure it all gets heated


That's it! Mix, and bake!
LOVE IT.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so hungry now LOL

Jennifer said...

I love all the cheese or cheese-related foods on your list! You had me at...cheese!

Victoria said...

yummm!!

chips and dips/guac/salsa are my fave too :)

Unknown said...

Finally! You're the first I came across who put hummus on their list like me!!

Thanks for linking up hun :) Join us next week for 13 Romantic Dates

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...