Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sundaying

Sunday was a lovely day.
It was also a day where I pushed myself outside of my comfort zone in small ways.

In the morning I headed to the mall to my iPhone battery checked out and swung by Zellers after to see if I could find the shoes that my sister had bought there recently. They were zellers brand Toms knock offs and were only $15! I have tried on real Toms and my toes look silly in them. I've even tried the knock offs at other stores and also look silly. I was apprehensive to try but when I got to Zellers I discovered that these "Toms" worked with my toes and I was so happy. And they had them in red which was the colour I was after. I grabbed some wooden and chunky bracelets in red and gold to wear with them and left victorious.

Then I got home and had to figure out how to wear them. I tried on way too many outfits. I am such a girl.

This is what I settled on for my first try. Let me tell you, pairing a blue cardigan with red accents pushed my fashion sensibility to the limit, but I think it was worth it.


I also discovered I like how they look on my feet when I'm resting


I was meeting up with my friend Mari for lunch.
Lo and behold, same shoes!


It was awesome.

We had sushi and it was Mari's first time to try all of the dishes we ordered.

We picked most of my favorites

Edamame and Tempura



And a Dynamite Roll


We also tried a new one: Salmon and Avacado.

This was stretching for me since I normally just order a california roll with no soy sauce, ginger or wasabi.
Yup, super adventurous right here.

After this I headed home to get ready for church.
I tried on another million outfits before I finally settled for one.


I am such a girl about clothes. My word.
My bed was strewn with clothes as I picked this outfit.
I thought it would get easier as I got older.
Nope.

Church was awesome though.
It felt full and like family and friendship.
It was warm and open and busy.
The worship was great.

I was hosting, so that either makes me focus way more on God or freaks me out.
I work to make the choice to focus more on God.
It was awesome.
There was such connection with God.

I got up to dismiss people at the end but felt so powerfully that people couldn't leave without hearing one more time that God loves them. That they are secure. That they have a place to belong. That God is their God, their father, their provider and their protector.

The lyrics we'd just sung stuck out to me
"My hope secure
Your promise sure
Your love endures
always"

Our hearts, our lives, our dreams...
they ARE secure in Christ.
In His word He has made promises
and they are SURE.
What He promises, He does.

Jeremiah 29:11-134

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

I just find it so encouraging to know that my heart and my life are secure.
That the things God has promised in His word are sure.
That His love for me ENDURES ALWAYS.
Like ALWAYS.
CRAZY AWESOME.

What more do our insides long for than eternal security, eternal love and eternal signifigance?
That is AMAZING.


After church ended I went out for dinner to say good bye to one of my best friends, Stefany.
I am not a fan of this leaving thing.
But I am a fan of her.


We went to Milestones for dinner.
I made healthy choices. For real!
I shocked myself
And the salad ended up being DELICIOUS.





Also our friend Carolynn from Calgary was there.
She is so awesome.
Like really.
I enjoy her so much.
Seeing her at church and then having her join us for dinner was the best.


I tried to take a photo of Jodi and Stef so they could remember this evening.
But they are silly.



Finally! a nice one.


Me, Stef, Jodes and Lyndsay.
These girls are some of my closest friends
and I love them.


Then I left the party to go to bed.
But I remember on my drive home that it was Maan's birthday.
And I was NOT going to miss that.
Plus, Philipino food!

Maan is the one in red on my right.
So many lovely friends!

Almost the whole group


We were doing "lawyer"


I don't know what we were doing...
as you can tell from the photo.
I am doing something different than everyone else.


Just happy to be together and celebrate Maan!


This is Mila and I.
Mila and I both lived at the Mitchell's together for one year and she is rad.
Like for real.
Plus her brother Daniel was in our wedding.
If you look at yesterdays post you can see him.
Hint: He is the only asian


As you may be able to tell from this post my life is full of awesome people.
I tried to stop using the words awesome, amazing, rad, etc but I found I just couldn't.

These people are RAD.
They are AMAZING.
They are AWESOME.

And God is so good to fill my life up with them.

2 comments:

LeAnna said...

1) Dynamite rolls are delicious! John made me try one last time we went for sushi together.

2) I love that verse from Jeremiah. I'm reading Jeremiah right now, and after all the doom and gloom of the first twenty-odd chapters it sticks out as such a beacon of hope and love, even more than it is just on its own.

Tara said...

LeAnna - next time you're here I'll make sure to take you out for Chicken Dynamite Rolls. Delicious!

and to Granville Island as requested!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...