Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Non silver linings

I don't know what the opposite of a silver lining is. The bad that comes with the good? I don't know what the expression is - maybe fly in the ointment?

Anyways, the fly in the ointment regarding hosting Thanksgiving Dinner at my place is that after standing all day to cook, my lower back is killing me. It's happened before and this time is worse. My boss sent me home to rest. I'm very grateful. I'm laying on my couch with Sangria (to help me relax) and catching up on Parenthood. I'll then head to the Chiropractors to hope I can be helped.

Work has been great though - busy and enjoyable. This weekend I'm headed with Paul and our church's youth group away for a youth retreat (obviously we're going as leaders not campers). I'm stoked. I'd like for this back ache to go away before that. AND I'm stoked to hang out with some of the coolest teens around. Our homestay student, Karen is coming, so that's cool also.

Alright - back to laying on the couch. Healing, come on!

1 comment:

LeAnna said...

sorry to hear about your back. Have you looked into foamy mats for your kitchen floor? It might help...or wearing good walking shoes when you cook. I have to do that when my back gets sore, as it takes the pressure off.

Hope you feel better soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...