Monday, October 24, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

I found this a very hard week to meal plan for. I mean, I do have a plan but it seems trickier than normal. First off, three weekends in a row have been full of food that has been pretty much entirely out of my control - thanskgiving, youth retreat and family dinners/friend dinners. This means that my weightloss goals have been tricky. I've not gained anything, but I've not lost anything either.So I need to make healthy things, that are warm and fall like. 
Monday and Tuesday all three of us are home. Wednesday, Paul and I are home and Karen is away at camp. Thursday only I am home, as Paul is away hunting and Karen is still at camp. Friday Karen will be back from camp, but Paul will be hunting and all weekend Karen will be home but Paul will be hunting - and we'll be doing food prep for the Harvest Party on Saturday night - for which I'll be making a triple batch of Pumpkin Soup, a batch of Apple Brownies, a baking contest entry Cheesecake Caramel Pumpkin Cups, AND Turkey Cookies. Phew! But regardless, here goes my first official Menu Plan Monday with OrgJunkie.

Monday: Creamy Spinach Soup w. Garlic Pita Crisps (Karen is sick and craving soup and this is her favorite kind / see recipe below)
Tuesday: Roasted Spaghetti Squash, Cauliflower Crust Pizza and Veggies & home made Hummus (suggested by Laura)
Wednesday: Salad w. Steak & Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
Thursday: Salad w. Chicken
Friday: Forage!
Saturday: Harvest Party
Sunday: Giant Veggie Roast to use up all the veggies in the fridge before going grocery shopping again. Served with grilled chicken if necessary.

Creamy Spinach Soup Recipe:


Ingredients:


• 10oz Fresh Spinach Leaves
• ½ Cup Shredded Carrots
• 4 Cups Vegetable Broth (or 4 Tablespoons stock with 4 cups water)
• ½ Cup Diced Onions
• 8 Teaspoon Garlic
• 1/3 Cup Becel
• 1 Cup Fat free Milk
• ¼ Cup Flour

Procedure:
In stock pot boil water, add veggie stock/broth, spinach and carrots.

In a sauté pan, melt butter/becel and add onions and garlic. Once onions turn translucent, add flour gradually.

Add mixture into stock pot and simmer for several moments. Puree fully. Place back in pot and slowly add dairy.

Simmer for 2 minutes.

Serve and enjoy!

1 comment:

LeAnna said...

spinach soup sounds yummy. I like reading your meal plans :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...