Sunday, October 11, 2015

Tilapia Veggie Stack

Recently I picked up some Tilapia Burgers from Costco thinking they would be easy to make and eat. Then I forgot about them for a bit. One day I had no idea what to make and wanted to make something healthy and I remembered the burgers!! I decided that I didn't want to make actual burgers, that I wanted something healthy and tasty that didn't feel healthy. We had leftover Rice and lots of veggies, and so this idea was born. The Tilapia veggie stack. And oh was it good. 



I threw the burgers into the oven, and then diced a tray of vegetables and roasted those in lemon dill sauce. Peppers, Mushrooms, Zucchini & asparagus. I also steamed some broccoli and added that to the mix once it was roasted. I also diced up raw tomatoes to top the mix with. I crumbled up some Queso Fresco/Cojito cheese (feta or mozza or parmesan or anything really would also work - or goats cheese if you like that gross stuff). I also mixed some pesto with some mayonaise because why not. 

To plate each meal I laid out rice on each place (cauliflower rice for me), then topped with the veggies mix. I placed a burger in the center, spread pesto mayo on each item, added raw diced tomatoes and sprinkled the whole thing with cheese. 

The stack with regular rice

The stack with my cauliflower rice

Seriously. This dinner. So easy. So tasty. Healthy. This is going on repeat. 

Ingredients:
  • Tilapia Burger Patties
  • Rice
  • Veggies (Mushrooms, broccoli, peppers, asparagus, tomatoes)
  • Cojito Cheese 
  • Pesto (two spoonfuls)
  • Mayo (one spoonful)
  • Lemon Dill seasoning to flavour

Instructions/ The Prep:
  1. Cook Tilapia Burger according to package directions
  2. Dice and roast vegetables (seasoned with oil and lemon dill seasoning)
  3. Crumble/Shred Cheese
  4. Cook Rice (I used garlic and onion seasoning with broth)
  5. Dice tomatoes
  6. Mix Pesto & Mayo
Instructions/ The Prep:
  1. Plate Rice in a circle on center of the plate.
  2. Add veggies on top of the rice.
  3. Center the pattie on the stack. 
  4. Spread pesto on pattie.
  5. Top with tomatoes
  6. Sprinkle with cheese
And voila. A wonderful, healthy, tasty, snack. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...