Monday, October 12, 2015

Menu Plan Monday, October 12th

Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie

Upcoming week: 

TuesdayShepherds Pie
Over thanksgiving weekend I combined veggies, gravy and turkey into the shepherds pie base and then topped with mashed potatoes for the topping. I froze one and made another for the fridge for Tuesday. After a holiday weekend it's great to have easy meals when I'm all vacationed out. Tuesday I have a staff meeting after going to the YMCA and then will go to Costco to buy stuff for the week.

Wednesday: Broccoli Rice Bake
I will cook rice, mix with leftover turkey and broccoli and bake. For myself I will make cauliflower rice to mix with these things. I can make this up Tuesday evening so it just needs to be baked Wednesday afternoon, which is perfect since I have a visit downtown, women at prayer, then a family gathering....so an easy dinner is important!

Thursday: Butter Chicken (with Turkey)

Thursday is a family walk and packing for the weekend - food prep, clothes packed, etc. So easy butter "chicken" is helpful. 

Friday/Saturday/Sunday: YOYO
I'll be visiting with my Nana on the island! Woot woot!

Week in review: 
Monday: Indonesian Chicken Satay, Peanut Sauce with Rice & Stir Fried Veggies
Monday we had great friends over - one of them is heading back to Ireland and I will miss her a lot. 

TuesdayCrockpot Chicken Taco Soup
Tuesday night we had plans at 4 to bottle beer, having crockpot soup in the crockpot was super helpful. 

Wednesday: Slow Cooker Spinach Pesto Lasagne Breakfast for dinner
Wednesday was a busy day. Time with my mom, lunch with a friend and driving another friend. Who doesn't love breakfast for dinner? I made a regular breakfast for dinner for Paul and I but two of our other students were out so I mixed the rest of dinner together into a casserole dish and served a successful breakfast casserole. 

Thursday: Pumpkin Soup Tilapia Veggie Stack

Didn't buy a pumpkin or many onions. So Tilapia Veggie Stack was born. 




Friday: Nachos 
Friday night was a pre-thanksgiving dinner hangout for our friends. So much turkey over the weekend always makes me want mexican.

Saturday: Thanksgiving Dinner (with friends)
Saturday was our family and friends dinner - international students and homestay students! It went so well. New friends, great food.


Sunday: 
Thanksgiving Dinner (with the Mitchell's)
Sunday was family brunch. I made Cheesecake Caramel Pumpkin Cups - always super popular. Then we headed out to Surrey to stay with Paul's Dad and step-mom. One of our happiest places. 

Monday: Thanksgiving Dinner (with the Morgan's)

Dinner with the other half of our family! We got to sleep in while the rent took care of Avelynn. Great relaxing morning and then a wonderful dinner. So full. So good. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...