Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Menu Plan Monday: June 9th, 2014



Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie
I'd like to begin by saying how excited I am to have worked with Ash of The Grits Blog to create a new custom design blog for this space! I am absolutely in love with it, and she was a delight to work with! I hope it makes my site easier to navigate and enjoy. I know I'm pleased already!
Upcoming week: 
Monday: Tortellini with Roasted Chicken and bacon
Monday night was a night out with an old friend so I wanted an easy dinner (I feel like I say that all the time here), so I shredded a Costco Chicken while frying up some bacon chunks. Once the Bacon was cooked I added some sliced mushrooms and once that was cooking well I added the shredded chicken. I used half a jar of Prego Alfredo, mixed with 2 cups of skimmed milk. I tossed in some garlic and onion salt. The Tortellini was cooked and drained. I mixed the tortellini and the sauce, sprinkled parmesan slivers on top and basked at 450 for 20 minutes and then broiled for 5 minutes. So tasty! 

Tuesday: Mexican Pie
Tuesday night I have a program meeting at 6:30pm to go to for dinner - I've pulled a Mexican Pie out of the fridge for Paul to heat up and serve. I get to go brainstorm programming ideas for a week of teen camp - can't wait!

Wednesday: YOYO
Wednesday is a strangely festive day - 3pm is a work baby shower / send off for Irene, then at 4:30 there is a vendor event downtown, and 6:30pm a close friends birthday party. It's go go go all the way, but should be oh so fun!

Thursday: Crockpot Cordon Bleu with Corn on the Cob
Thursday night is sister night, so I like to have an easy dinner ready - we have corn on the cob already cooked, just need to heat it up! and serve it with the Cordon Bleu!

Friday: Creamy Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
Thursday night late we have a friend coming for a week from Tennessee (Yay, Sherwine!), so we'll be serving a nice dinner to sit and eat after a day of sightseeing. 

Saturday: YOYO
Saturday there is a wedding shower at our place at 10, then an awesome awesome family gathering at 2pm with my Nana and her family (can't wait) at our place. It'll be great. Then we'll head out for dinner with Sherwine and Sarah hopefully, to give them a taste of Vancouver. Not sure where to hit up yet! Something Asian - or something on a patio - I guess it depends on how the weather is. 

Sunday: Green Beans, Chicken and Potatoes
Sunday we will do some sightseeing with Sherwine and  Sarah before church, then have dinner at our place before either hanging out at home or seeing some more things. We don't want to over do it!

In Review:
Monday: Bear Pizza
Mondays dinner was an easy one - we cut up some bear sausage and sauteed it until crispy then topped a Palermo Margarita Pizza with the sausage and some mozza and bam! Pizza for dinner. Then it was off to Costco, and Tsawassen to pick up parcels. I got home to see Paul and catch up on house stuff. 

Tuesday: Roasted Pepper Penne
Tuesday night was lifegroup - The dinner went over really well and the time together was really enjoyable. We had a more casual hang out night - lots of laughter and fun. I'm so thankful for this group of people. 

Wednesday: Green Beans, Chicken & Potatoes Taco Salad
Wednesday night I decided to go to a movie with my mom, so I needed to pull together a fast dinner. Instead of baking something I made Taco Salad. So fast and soooo tasty. I went heavy on the veggies for myself and felt victorious, healthwise. Altogether I just put out lettuce, diced tomatoes & peppers, shredded cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, chips and sauteed some cooked ground beef with corn and taco seasoning.

My mom and I went to The Love Punch. It was cute - it's an English comedy with Pierce Brosnan and Emma Thompson. It was fun from start to finish. A bit silly at times, but enjoyable. We were the only people in the theatre until 20 minutes into the movie when two more people came. It was a very interesting experience!

Thursday: Slow Cooker Chicken & Rice with broccoli YOYO
Thursday night we went to the doctors and then needed to rush over to my sisters; Paul was babysitting and I was going out for dinner with Jenna with our friends Margot and Gina so there was no time to cook for the house. The doctor's appointment was super helpful - we have a plan in place to find out why we aren't getting pregnant and the doctor was very encouraging. After that I joined Paul and the nephews for some fun and then headed off with Jenna for dinner. Hanging out with Margot and Gina was lovely - relaxing and fun. Great food, great conversation - they are great friends. Here are Jenna and I blowing out the candles - this was our birthday dinner with them. 



Friday: Crockpot Cordon Blue with Asparagus Butter Chicken
I mean to make this tasty crockpot meal BUT with a 5:30am wake up after a 2am bedtime I was in no shape to be putting things in the crockpot before heading off on my day trip to the states. I purchased a roasted chicken at Costco, shredded it and made Butter Chicken with easy microwave rice. Done and done. It was a big hit.

My shopping day with Ana was a success! Not only did we get everything we needed for the shower, we also got what we needed for home AND had time for great chats and some mexican food. Win win win. We got home by 3:30, I picked up my nephews and headed to Costco Canada for more shower shopping and some fun with nephews. Then it was time to head home for dinner and an evening spent prepping for the party. A bunch of ladies arrived to help and it was a wonderful evening, despite how loopy tired Ana and I were starting to feel. 


Saturday: Leftovers
Saturday we were up bright and early to shower Irene with love - we prepped all day and then partied all afternoon. More photos to come when I get them but it was a HUGE success and Irene felt very loved. 



In Chloe's photo here you can see the very pregnant Irene, with three of the other pregnant ladies at the party (there were more preggos there than just them though! So many pregnant friends): Morgan, Deve & Yhan. Below there is Mel, Irene and Chloe and to the right is some of the dessert table!

After we finished cleaning up the McCarthy's, Chibota's, Ana, Lyndsay and us hung around in our living room chatting and relaxing. It was a great way to end a party. And then it was off to Paul's cousin's house up the road for a 17th birthday party - we hung out outside to celebrate Levi and chat with relatives. It was relaxing and nice. 

Sunday: Butter Chicken with roasted vegetables and caprese salad.
There were SO MANY leftovers left from the party! It was ridiculous! I sent leftovers home with like 4 sets of people and still had tons left! I used the leftover Butter Chicken and Rice (mixed with leftover veggie from grilled skewers) to serve hot, and then pulled the caprese skewers off of their sticks and served that as a salad. So easy! 



But before that we spent the day with my mom! We picked her up and headed to the big Flea market on terminal (overwhelming) then headed to Italian Days on Commercial Drive. It was a fun way to spend the day. We headed home for a nap, then off to church and a VIP meeting. We ate dinner at our place with mom and the McCarthy's, and then had a Lifegroup Leaders and Deacon's meeting after dropping mom off at home. It was a long day but good. Well spent! And that is this past week!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...