Monday, June 16, 2014

Menu Plan Monday, June 16



Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie
June 16th! June 16th! Are you kidding me? I can't believe it's already mid-June. It's like this year is just racing! Oh my gosh, I've just become an adult....complaining about how fast time goes. Yikes. 

Upcoming week: 
Monday: Savory Alfredo Bacon Casserole
Tonight we have our guests in town still from Nashville, so we are having a hearty dinner then heading out to see Queen Elizabeth Park - I'm excited for them to see it!

Tuesday: Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Tacos
Tuesday is lifegroup - it's also the day before Ana's birthday so we're having Taco's to celebrate our Spanish friend. Plus I have lots of tortillas to use up. Win win. Our guests, Sherwine and Sarah, will be there also - it's their last night - so serving up something that I know is tasty is a win! Then we'll take them out for bubble tea after LG.

Wednesday: Chicken Ceasar Sliders with Corn on the Cob
Wednesday is an at home night - time to tidy and prep and do laundry after a busy weekend. A slow cooker meal is a must for a night like that!

Thursday: Crockpot Cordon Bleu with Asparagus
Thursday night is sister night - Crockpot always helps get me out the door on time! This matters especially this week as Paul will be having an evening with his sister afterwards also.

Friday: YOYO
Friday is a night of party's - a birthday then a stagette! During the day I'm prepping a room for our new student who arrives Sunday.

Saturday: YOYO
Saturday is a baby shower at our place for the lovely Morgan, and then a night out at the Whittons.

Sunday: YOYO
Sunday a morning date for Paul and I, then at 3pm we pick up our student and head to church. After church a pre-wedding meeting for Benni and Mila.

In Review:
Monday: Tortellini with Roasted Chicken and bacon
Monday night was a night out with an old friend so I wanted an easy dinner (I feel like I say that all the time here), so I shredded a Costco Chicken while frying up some bacon chunks. Once the Bacon was cooked I added some sliced mushrooms and once that was cooking well I added the shredded chicken. I used half a jar of Prego Alfredo, mixed with 2 cups of skimmed milk. I tossed in some garlic and onion salt. The Tortellini was cooked and drained. I mixed the tortellini and the sauce, sprinkled parmesan slivers on top and basked at 450 for 20 minutes and then broiled for 5 minutes. So tasty! 

Tuesday: Mexican Pie YOYO
Tuesday night I had a program meeting at 6:30pm to go to for dinner - I'd pulled a Mexican Pie out of the fridge for Paul to heat up and serve but turns out, no one was home for dinner so the pie got saved for another night. Personally I whipped up some Oreo Cookie Bars to bring to the program meeting (awesome) and then headed off for 3 hours of brainstorming and ideas. Loved it.


Wednesday: YOYO
Wednesday was a funny day - 3 back to back parties. More food than is wise in a few hours. But it was so fun to celebrate people I love, with people I love. It was a perfect night, including a reappearance of the above treats for the birthday.



Thursday: Crockpot Cordon Bleu with Corn on the Cob Mexican Pie

Thursday night was sister night and I was going to be putting something in the crockpot but it was SUCH a late night AND I had that leftover Mexican Pie in the fridge so I served that instead. The house rejoiced.

Friday: Creamy Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
Friday was spent sightseeing with the newly arrived Sherwine and Sarah. It was a lovely day - Granville Island, Stanley Park, Downtown and more! I introduced them to Vietnamese Food and Vancouver. I picked up some dumplings, spring rolls and pork buns at a local chinese joint and we feasted on those with rice and chicken for dinner. It was a win win. Then we headed out to the Richmond Night Market for MORE food and fun.




Saturday: YOYO
Saturday there was a wedding shower at our place at 10am, then an awesome awesome family gathering at 2pm with my Nana and her family. The girls that planned the shower were amazing - they were in and out and I hardly noticed them. The place looked GORGEOUS and Mila looked so happy. 


The Spread

Mila and I

Mila and Deve

Chloe and Mila


I love how Mila is just radiating happiness in every single photo!

Ereka left the house spotless with a few amazing additions - she left us treats to enjoy at my family gathering. We got to enjoy a lovely few hours with my parents, Jenna's family, my Nana and her family. Oh it was nice. Later on Sherwine, Sarah and Duncan all joined. It was so great to see my Nana again, she really is one of my favorites and to get to spend time with her brother and sister-in-law. They are as lovely as she is.

Then we were left to rest around the house for a few hours before heading off to Steveston to experience "Storybrooke" from Once Upon a Time, and then later hitting up Vietnamese again to introduce the girls to Pho.



We finished the night with movies and photo editing (for me). A tiring but lovely day.

Sunday: Green Beans, Chicken and Potatoes
Sunday morning we were up bright and early for Dim Sum - it was my first time being in charge of the ordering! It was a success! We brought Jessie along for fun and to help but I was able to do most of it myself! Win. 

Then it was back home to get ready for a big family dinner. We hit up Costco (me with my two lovely southern helper-friends) and then worked all afternoon, grooving to gospel music and prepping dinner for 17. Once the food was ready we got ready for church and headed off to show our Nashville EN friends off to EN Vancouver. 

Let me tell you - Church was AMAZING. Debbie's sermon was nothing short of spirit led and the worship was on pointe. From start to finish the spirit of God was thick in that place - the family feeling flowed and man - it was good! Oh, it was. I left feeling pumped and energized!

Then it was time for Fathers Day dinner! We were having my Dad and Mom, Paul's Dad, My sister & her family, Paul's sister, Paul's grandparents and our close friends over, as well as Sherwine, Sarah and Duncan. Dinner was easy and comfortable and oh so tasty. 

Dinner for 20: Father's Day Menu
Appie: Boursin, Brie and fresh Baguette
Steak Roast served with Horseradish Sauce
Baked Rice (though I don't add carrots, celery or a bay leaf)
Roasted Vegetables
Roasted Potatoes
Kale Salad
Ranch Roasted Carrots (which I won't make again)

For the Steak Roast I purchased the cheapest roast I could find - smothered and groped it with minced garlic. Covered it in garlic and onion salt, seared it in my ninja, then baked it there at 450 for 3 hours. It was amazing!

Then at 7:30pm another 15+ family members showed up for dessert and conversation. The house was alive with the buzz of voices and laughter and family. People took turns helping with dishes or putting food away. People took turns cuddling sweet baby Wyatt (you can bet I got a nice long turn) and it was a night that reminded me how lucky I am to be in this family. What a wonderful night. We stayed up waaaaay too late and I'm paying for it this morning but oh, was it worth it. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...