Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 6, Wednesday, Maple Grove, MN

Day 6, Wednesday: Maple Grove, MN
No driving!

Wednesday was basically a perfect day.  I made sure not to set my alarm and didn’t wake up until I was ready. I slept from about 11pm to 10am. It was glorious. I woke up feeling so much better. We made our way upstairs and joined Morgan and Jamie for breakfast. Then we got ready for a bike ride, hopped on some bikes and headed out along a series of paths that wind through Maple Grove and around some gorgeous lakes and homes.






I haven’t ever seen Paul on a bike before so that was a treat, haha. 






Paul stopped the ride to tell a story about saving a baby moose.
It was very expressive.



And for myself, since I ride every day, it was such a blessing to be back on a bike. My hip always feels better afterwards, and this is finally a sport I excel in! It felt great to work up a sweat and enjoy the gorgeous day in a fun way.








We came home, ate lunch and then met up with Molly and Davis and headed to the community Pool. It was a blast. Paul got to get more of his pestering side out – thank goodness he has these outlets to be a pain! Otherwise I’d get it all.





Then we made an amazing dinner (which I was too excited to eat to take photos of) of grilled veggies and steaks, with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. So yummy!

The family with Paul headed off to watch Davis play in another Ball game, and I took a much needed nap. Then we all sat around upstairs talking, laughing and enjoying spending time together. Jamie made us a peach pie – it was such a gift to Paul who LOVES pie.

And Paul loves puppies. So he's gotten to play with DJ tons.




And I got Morgan to take my outfit photo - Paul was glad to be relieved of the duty for the day.



We have felt welcomed and loved by the Pfaff’s. It has been so fun to get to know them and spend time in their home. We are soooo thankful for this time with them. What a blessing it is so get to know such an awesome family. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...