Thursday, April 26, 2012

Veggiefull Spaghetti Squash Dish

I am very much still working towards my health goals.
I count points on weight watchers.
I exercize daily.
I make sure that two of my meals are  mostly veggie or very healthy and the third meal can be a bit more fun.
So because yesterday, Admin Day, started with a hearty breakfast I knew I needed to make a healthy dinner.

Lunch was a salad.
The same salad I eat EVERY DAY for lunch.
If I'm not too lazy...then I just grab a frozen zero point veggie soup from the freezer.

Anyways...I was having a favorite friend over (shout out Stef!) and wanted to cook something tasty as well as healthy.

I've had a Spaghetti Squash chilling in my veggie basket for some time.
I always love Zucchini and had a plethora of Spinach.

So I roasted the Spaghetti Squash in the oven at 450 for about 30 minutes.
Before I roasted it I cut it in half, rubbed some becel (margarine for you americans) on it and sprinkled Johnny's Garlic Spread Seasoning on it.
It made the house smell HEAVENLY.
At 30 minutes I added some cut Zucchini to the pan.
I had tossed the Zucchini in EVOO and Johnny's before roasting it.
If I had a grill I'd have grilled it because mmmmboy.


Then I started the Spinach a sauteeing.
I added a small amoutn of becel, a whole bunch of washed spinach and some more Johnny's
(because I love Johnny's)
I sauteed this until it "wilted" and then added two small scoops of Light Philly Cream Cheese Spread and mixed that together with more...you guessed it, Johnny's!
I also diced up some roast turkey breast and tossed that in there once the cheese was melted.

I scooped out the Spaghetti Squash and added it to the frying pan, mixing it into the spinach & cream cheese sauce and then added the Zucchini at the end.
Oh man...look at that.


Looks so good! Tasted great also

I also steamed some Asparagus.
I tossed it with a small amount of becel and added a light sprinkle of Johnny's.


It was a perfect meal.
Especially since the company was excellent.
She even did the dishes.
Now THAT'S a dinner date.


**please note, i like to season regularly but keep the amount each time low. I don't think I used even 1/4 cup of seasoning for this whole recipe. I just like to shake more times with less**

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...