Friday, December 16, 2011

Holly Mini Muffins

So I’m still waiting to get my photos from my last project but in the meantime, last night Karen and I made Festive Mini Muffins using this recipe.

Theirs looked AMAZING:
Ours looked fine, still cute but not quite amazing. This is mostly because I have been unable to find red hots in Canada, so made do with random red candies from the grocery store. They were much larger and a bit in proportionate and have the tendency to look like a pair of eyes, but hey it’s still cute and no one I feed will have seen the original, so hey!

We left ours a bit too long in the oven…I need to remember always that our oven runs hotter than most and will always take waaay less time than a recipe calls for. But once you cover them up with icing you can’t tell that they are slightly brown. Tonight will be the taste test, so we’ll see!




1 comment:

LeAnna said...

they look awesome!

learning my oven temperatures always drives me nuts. My English oven runs low, so everything always takes an extra 10-15 minutes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...