Thursday, April 19, 2012

Organizing and Health Check 1

So remember those organization and weight loss goals I mentioned last week?

So far I’m kicking BUTT. Really, like really kicking some butt and it’s awesome.

Monday morning I woke up early and decided that I would do half of the bedroom clean. I knew it was unrealistic to think I could clean the entire room and fold all the clothes and put them away in one sitting. There was just too much to do. So what I decided to do was break the room into three sections: 1. Laundry 2. Basic Clean 3. Organization/Deep Clean for Nashville.

I decided to organize the Laundry and tackle Basic Clean. I filled three baskets full of all my clean clothes/laundry and stored it in the closet (out of sight, out of stress).
I then cleaned the rest of the room, organizing things as I went and throwing out/removing anything that didn’t belong. Then I tidied and made the bed. The only “mess” remaining is the stash of Paul’s clothes on the floor – his suitcase for our Nashville trip, already packed and ready, and an assortment of work clothes that I will be giving a new home to soon.

And just so you can see how AMAZING the transformation is here are the BEFORE pictures:
and AFTER:
I was able to complete this part of the job in 30 minutes – making me feel great about my room and getting me so pumped to finish the rest of my organizational goals. Monday was off to a great start! Plus every day now, when I go into my room, I feel peace and calmness.

Then I made salads for Karen and I for lunch, grabbed some fruit and yogurt for breakfast (both parts of my health goal) and biked in to work (part of my exercise goal). Since it was Monday it was my first week’s weigh in. The goal was to lose 2 pounds and after weighing myself I realized I’d lost 3!!! I was even more ecstatic! Clean room and weight loss, amazing! Reaching these two goals definitely helped contribute to the extreme thankfulness I was feeling later in the day.

Since then I’ve managed to stay on track for both goals. I’ve eaten healthy meals all week, and have continued to ride my bike, even adding some extra exercise to Monday night. I have started tidying the pantry and have been taking a few moments each time I leave a room to do small jobs.

I’m reading this awesome book by Candace Cameron Bure (AKA DJ Tanner of Full House) called Reshaping It All: Motivation for Physical and Spiritual Fitness. I am finding it such a healthy view on relationship with God, food and exercise and is really helping me conquer some of the self control demons I’ve had for years. I’m only a few chapters in and already it’s making a difference. I bought it for my Kindle and am so pleased with that purchase!

Side note: I can’t spell exercise. It took me three tries to type it there, and still had a red line through it. Terrible.

Anyways, I’m excited to see what the next week holds and how I’ll do on my goals!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...