Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Menu Plan Monday, April Photo-a-day & some outfits


Menu Plan Monday:


 

Monday: Urban Thai Bistro for date with Paul.

Chicken Satay Skewers with Peanut Sauce, droool.
The feast
My yellow chicken curry
 
 Paul's spicy Eggplant and Pork Dish

 
And let me tell you – waiting for me to take this last picture seemed to be the longest 5 seconds in Paul’s life.

 
Tuesday: Pasta w. Caesar Salad and Garlic Bread.
  • Pasta, leftover from youth retreat.
  • Sauce, 80% leftover from youth retreat, 20% added to from pantry and fresh veggies.
  • Garlic Bread, leftover from last week’s life group.
  • Caesar Salad, bought for life group.

Pretty good for feeding 12 people! I think the lettuce might have cost me $3 at Costco in bulk, and with the added pantry sauce that brings us to less than $5. Wahoo!
 
Also at Superstore when you buy more than $250 you get a free thing; they spent a lot more than $250 for the youth retreat so they got 2 free turkeys! 1 was donated to a family that could really use it, and the other was donated to our life group to help offset what Paul and I pay. So great! We will be having a life group turkey dinner soon! I think I’ll wait for a few weeks until after Easter has worn off of people…I’m also hoping that the turkey leftovers can be used in a second meal. We’ll see!
 
Wednesday: Chicken Fajitas
 
Thursday: Chicken Pot Pie
 
Friday: Fridge Forage – Chapel: Youth Worship Night.
 
We meet weekly with a few other youth groups to have a worship night for the youth. It is amazing. And it's put on by my amazing friends and life group! Plus my wonderful friend Stefany has captures some sweet photos of the event. You can see the first and second nights here.  
 
Saturday: Family Dinner at the Mitchells
(5 famillies, a few “adopted” members, and we end up with over 20 at the table every time)
 
I’m in charge of bringing the sweets: haven’t decided what to bring yet. I was thinking three different things people could eat with coffee.
 
I know I will make: 1. Fudge 2. Cranberry Bliss Bar.
 
The third item is up for discussion – it should be Easter themed. I bet Pinterest or Blogger can help me out with this:
 
 
Any suggestions?
 
Sunday: Church Open House at the Mitchells.
Basically the Mitchell's invite the whole church over for dinner after church.
It's crowded and chaotic and wonderful.
 
Also I read these two articles today and they moved me.
I love to see people have a chance to enjoy what they are gifted in and when they succeed without feeling like they’re bragging or that they need to take themselves down a notch, especially when we’re operating where God has us.
And oh, I love this. So often God will stir something in my heart and I follow through, even though it seems silly and it pays off! Wonderful.

I’m participating in the April Photo a Day Challenge.
 I enjoyed March’s and have so far had fun with April.
 Day 1: Your Reflection
Day 2: Colour
Day 3: Mail
 
Also here are my outfits for yesterday and today – I’m bummed that I forgot to take a photo of Sundays outfit because it was darn cute. It involved leggings, which Paul hates, but even he said I looked great. Win!
 
And today is a good day because I have Urban Thai leftovers for lunch
I must learn how to make yellow chicken curry.
Seriously. Like for realz.
 
 


1 comment:

Emily said...

Your outfit on Sunday was super cute. I didn't get a chance to tell you that in person! Rob hates leggings too but everyone in a while I can get him to like an outfit that includes leggings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...