Sunday, March 4, 2012

March Photo Challenge, Day 3 & Lemon Angel Food Cake with a Strawberries

Today is day 3 of the March Photo Challenge

Alright, here we go: My Neighbourhood

Coffee's from home and sushi from Samurai

Nat Bailey Winter's Farmer's Market

Squash!

The corner of awesome

La Marche St George

The both of us, with a view of the cars since this is a residential area

Paul couldn't figure out where to look apparently

 Paul enjoying his Americano

Me, peeking over my bowl of London Fog 

Dainty 

The walk to Main street for antiquing and shopping

So many things!

Beauty

Such a cool store

Like a saloon 

Love it

Queen Elizabeth Park, behind our house

Love a place to feed the ducks

Love our behind backyard

Can you believe this is a 5 minute walk from my house?
And I live 15 minutes from downtown Vancouver, awesome.



My bike route and a cross street near my house

The alley behind our house - can you tell it's nearing Garbage Day?

Outside our house - I love that we see and hear children play 
Also, right after I took this photo the girl got off her bike and started telling the boys where they were going to go and how they would get there, generally bossing them around and planning all the fun...and Paul said, "Hey, I bet that's what you were like as a little girl". 


He's got me pegged.



Our house is orange and white - this has always seemed terrible to me

The entrance to the back of our house (we live through the gate and across the field)
Not so great looking but it is home sweet home. 

So, I think I have narrowed it down to these three photos to best represent my neighbourhood:
[Main St]
[Queen E Park]
 [Lane]



Now now, onto dessert from today.

Lemon Angel Food Cake with Vanilla Strawberries
I saw the recipe at Siriously Delicious.

Tasty, tasty, tasty

Angel food cupcakes
The toppings 

I should note that I didn't use the same Angel Food Cake Recipe as Siri did...I was missing an ingredient and a proper cake pan. I used a cupcake Angel Food Cake Recipe that I got on the back of a cupcake liner this last Winter and it has always proven to taste lovely. 


Angel Food Cupcakes:
Makes 12-18 Cupcakes

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 12 Egg Whites from large eggs (enough for 1 1/2 cups)
  • 1 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
  • 1/4 salt
  • 1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
  2. Place Egg Whites in a large mixing bowl and beat at high speed until egg whites are frothy, approximately 1 minute. 
  3. Add cream of tartar, salt and vanilla to egg whites. Mix at high speed until egg whites are almost stiff, approximately 4 minutes.
  4. Add 1 cup of sugar gradually while mixing on low speed. Scrape bowl. 
  5. Mix flour and remaining 1/2 cup of sugar together. Spoor 1/4 of mixture at a time over egg whites, folding gently between each addition. 
  6. If using muffin pan (with liners) fill cups 3/4 full with batter. If using cupcakes liners on a cookie sheet fill cups 1/2 full with batter. 
  7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are golden brown and cracks are very dry.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I've walked in Queen E park. Didn't know it was so close to you. Glad you showed us your neighbourhood. Place is very important to me when I'm picturing someone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...