Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Menu Plan Monday, March 30th

Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie

Upcoming week: 

Monday: Crockpot Pork Roast with Baked Potatoes, Broccoli & Potatoes
Monday was a stay at home sort of day - I rested and tidied and prepped food. I slowly made dinner and was thankful for the pace. I also did some parking lessons with my Dad to get the feel for our new van - it's so big but as always, vehicles are never as big as we think they are. It was a super useful time and I'm so thankful for it! Also this crockpot pork roast recipe was a HUGE winner and I will definitely make it again. So good!

Tuesday: Carnita Tacos
Tuesday is Carnita day - I've got a pork shoulder ready to put in the crockpot for the day and we will enjoy Carnita Tacos for dinner. My plan for the day is to swing by Costco to get the groceries we need - but aside from that I'm staying home and not doing anything. 

Wednesday: Coconut Rice with Chicken in Peanut Sauce (served with green beans)
Wednesday is a bit of a busy day, women at prayer in the morning, lunch with a friend and then my weekly doctors check in. I plan to rest in the afternoon before dinner. 

Thursday: 
Crockpot Creamy Chicken Tacos
Thursday is a walk with my parents and a relaxing visit with a friend, before an evening with my sister and her boys. An easy crockpot dinner is definitely in order. 

Friday: 
Man Pleasing Chicken with Vegetables & Rice
Friday is Good Friday, so Paul will be off work. Who knows when Baby will come, though it'll be getting much closer to I wanted to plan a meal that is a bit more intensive since I know I'll be taking a break soon. 

Saturday: Italian Baked Chicken with potatoes & vegetables
Saturday is free of plans! 

Sunday, April 5th - 40 week, Due Date: 
YOYO
Sunday is my Due Date, as well as Easter Sunday. I'm DEFINITELY not cooking dinner that night, no matter what happens. 

MondayMitchell Family Dinner
Monday is a Mitchell Family dinner for Easter and a nice day off with Paul. Again we have no plans since the wait is truly on for our sweet girl!
Week in Review: 
MondayYOYO
Monday was dinner with new friends Mark & Janis at their house after a morning of Mac learning (Organizing Your Mac & Personalizing Your Mac) and a brief USA trip to pick up a few packages. The trip was fast and easy, the learning in the morning was great and our time with our new friends was so wonderful. Plus they made me gluten free pasta that tasted fabulous!

Tuesday: Maui Ribs, Vegetables & Baked Potatoes
Tuesday I stayed home - folding newly washed baby clothes, working on our taxes, prepping food & cleaning the fridge, RESTING and working around the house. Then it was dinner with the house, ending with D Group at 8 at Lindsays place. This meal was great, I LOVE Maui Ribs. 

Wednesday: Man Pleasing Chicken with veggies & potatoes ?
Wednesday I saw my good friend Sarah for coffee, we hadn't hung out in over a year and it was so refreshing to see her! I had my weekly doctors apt and then a Mani/Pedi and it was a perfectly lovely rainy Vancouver Day. 

Thursday: Crockpot Creamy Chicken Tacos Pizza

Thursday was my weekly family walk with my folks, lunch with Paul's grandparents at the Sheraton, time with my sister at the park and a movie date night with Paul to see Insurgent at the VIP theatre (so fun!). Awesome day. 

Friday: 
YOYO
Friday I had a great lunch with my cousin LeAnna at her work, a second great lunch with Ana & Claudia and then an evening with the Froese's. Nick made us dinner which was lovely and is a recipe I will attempt in the future and then we stayed overnight in Surrey at Paul's Dad's place. 

Saturday: YOYO
Saturday was our Morgan family Easter Brunch and Carol pulled out all the stops - the meal was AMAZING. Then it was home to have Joel and Katie help us put up the frame wall (I sat back and dictated, lovely) and then an evening with my sister and some lovely friends, while Paul was out at a Stag.

Sunday: 
Melt in your mouth chicken with veggies & rice Vietnamese Takeout
Sunday I met up with our student Xiao in the morning, then Women's Ministry Meeting in the afternoon by which point I was BAGGED and ended up needing to skip church and rest. Paul stayed home with me after picking up Vietnamese and we got to rest and connect and by the time I went to bed I felt much much better.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All the best with your special delivery, Tara! This Sunday would be a fantastic day to have your little one born into the world. What a memorable birth that would be! Looking forward to the good news!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...