Monday, March 31, 2014

Menu Plan Monday, March 31st


Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie

We've been away for some of the past week: we took a trip down to Washington to visit family and friends - it was a wonderful time for Paul and I. We really enjoyed it. I'll blog more about it shortly but currently it's back to life, and looking ahead to this week!

Upcoming week: 
Monday: Cordon Bleu Bubble Up with roasted vegetables
Tonight I have a meeting at 8pm to plan a party happening here on Saturday, so I wanted an fairly easy dinner. I grabbed a roasted chicken, sliced ham and sliced swiss cheese while we were in the states. I'll be mixing those together to make a Bubble Up for dinner, which I will serve with roasted vegetables. Easy, tasty and filling. All important factors.  

Tuesday: Broccoli, Rice & Chicken Casserole
Tuesday is LifeGroup night - I can use chicken that I shredded from roasted Costco Chickens, and the rest of the casserole is really easy to make. I'll serve it with a salad and some buns probably. 

Wednesday: Shrimp Penne with Garlic Sauce
Wednesday night there aren't any real plans, so I can take the time to make a real pasta dinner, and then Paul and I will tackle our taxes. Fun fun!

Thursday: Crockpot Creamy Tortellini Soup
Thursday is sister night until 9pm, then a cake baking date with our student Jessie, so I need to be out the door for Jenna's by 6:40, a crockpot dinner is a necessity! 

Friday: YOYO
Friday night is a night I'm greatly looking forward to. Paul is chaperoning a school trip downtown Vancouver, and he gets a room at the Sheraton Wall Center, and I get to go with him! Plus I don't have to do any of the work he has to do, so when he's gone I can lounge and blog and relax. 

Saturday: YOYO / ENV PARTY PARTY
The only plans I have this weeken is the ENV Party Party, which is for the young adults at church. It's being hosted at our house, so I'll come home around 1 to get working on it. Then it's party party time with much of our church, and then after that back to the hotel with Paul. Stoked!

Sunday: BBQ: Chicks on a Stick, Crockpot Potatoes, Roasted Vegetables & potluck items
Sunday we'll wake up downtown and slowly make our way home, then it's time for church, Transformations and then a BBQ at our place with a few of our friends from Transformations. I'm really looking forward to it!

In Review:
Monday: Chicken Caesar Salad
Dinner was easy and tasty, and then I got to relax before an 8pm planning meeting with Ana and Leone to plan Irene's baby shower. We had many many many ideas, and have a wonderful vision for the event. Then it was time to stay up until midnight to pack for our time away, organize the fridge for those remaining home, and do laundry. 

Tuesday: Crockpot Taco Chicken Chili Leftovers
I was planning to leave a meal in the crockpot, but there was leftover Mac & Cheese from the weekend, and baked Spaghetti that Duncan whipped up; more than enough food for those that would be home. 

Tuesday to Saturday Friday: Washington Trip
We had a great trip! We left town as planned, and returned earlier than expected. All in all it was pretty perfect - I'll share more on it shortly, but suffice to say it was lovely, plus!!!! we got deck chairs, finally. I'm super super happy. 

Saturday evening we had a 30th birthday party for my good friend Josh - it was batman theme - his wife, Ana, rocked the party business. I can't wait to show you pictures!!!

Sunday: Chicken and Broccoli Noodle Casserole
Sunday was womens ministry meeting before church - our retreat is a month away, so this meeting was very helpful. We're feeling prepared and under control. Plus the time together was just super fun. Then it was a rush to church - Paul was preaching again (so good, so so so good, dang), and then it was time for Transformations. After Transformations we got home and I put the casserole in the oven (I'd made it that morning), pulled together a salad and cut up strawberries for dessert (topped with leftover cream cheese icing from the party). I pulled together lunches from the leftovers and then it was time to relax! The weekend was over. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...