Monday, November 5, 2012

Menu Plan Monday & Pinterest Food Challenge

This weekend felt different from a lot of weekends – honestly I had almost no responsibility. It was lovely. I went to two birthday parties that I didn’t have to help with – just show up and eat! And was hosted at a friends house for dinner. I just got to attend church (and sit next to my awesome nephew). It was lovely, and pictures will follow tomorrow.

The only thing I ended up doing that felt remotely like “work” was on Saturday as a whole day off stretched in front of me I decided to tackle my fridge. I could see that some of my fruits and veggies were getting near their end dates. I decided it made sense to make a big batch of Meatball Casserole – we’d be eating that at Lifegroup in three weeks and I knew I’d love the idea of having a dinner made ahead of time. So I roasted up a ton of veggies: Mushrooms, Zucchini and Peppers. Then I sautéed up some spinach and onions, turning it into a tomato sauce. I boiled pasta and pulled out some frozen meatballs from the freezer. I combined these things into two large tin lasagna containers, topped them with mozza cheese, added tinfoil to the top and froze them. It took about 2 hours and I managed to use up a ton of veggies.

I feel so happy – this Tuesday is “At your table Taco’s” for Lifegroup. Saturday I threw the ground beef into the crock pot for 4 hours and let it cook. All I need to do is reheat it on Tuesday, add taco sauce and simmer and it will be set. That means that on Tuesday all I will have to do is make Guacamole & Salsa, dice up tomatoes and lettuce, and heat up some refried beans. It will be awesome. Then for the week after I get to pull out the Lasagne’s I made a while back with some garlic bread I have on head, and then the week after I’ll pull out the meatball casserole and the rest of the garlic bread. Oh I love a good organizational system. I feel so excited about this.

I also realized that a bunch of banana’s were going to go bad so I cut them up. Half went into chocolate chip banana mini muffins and the other half was frozen into pieces and has been added to the smoothy mix I’ve been making in our freezer. Anytime we have fruit that’s nearing it’s end date I wash and freeze it. Then I break it apart and add it to a container with other veggies. Now I just need to locate my blender (still missing from this summer) and we’ll be set!

After I did those jobs I spent the afternoon on my couch reading a Maeve Binchy novel. I was very very happy.

I’m trying a new challenge – as well as the Pinterest Clothing Challenge I’ve been doing (with Pinterest inspiration), I decided that I just had waaaay too many pinned food ideas and never remembered to make most of them. So I’ve decided to do a Pinterest Food Challenge. Once a week (at least) I’ll make a recipe from Pinterest until I’ve gone through most of my “Food” Board.  I decided to do this a while back but had a menu plan in place until this week. So I’ve been thinking about this for a bit, and have already made a few things from Pinterest, but tonight is the first night of the challenge.

I’ve decided to go with two parts of the meal taken from Pinterest.

Our Menu:
Easy Garlic Chicken
Hasselback Potatoes
Steamed Asparagus sautéed with garlic and parmesan cheese


Source: food.com via Tara on Pinterest


Source: repinly.com via Tara on Pinterest

 Thus far Pinterest has yet to disappoint me, so I have high hopes for this dinner.
I’ll let you know how it goes tomorrow. 

I was hoping to pin an Asparagus recipe but they weren't jumping out at me, so I will steam mine and then broil it with garlic, cheese and breadcrumbs and see how it goes!

Also I haven't posted a meal plan in a while, though I follow mine religiously. I'm planned until mid-December! So without further ado:


Monday: Pinterest Challenge (menu listed above)
Tuesday: At Table Taco's for 20
Wednesday: Chicken Ceasar Salad
Thursday: Bruschetta Chicken w. Roasted Veggies & Pasta
Friday: Tuna Casserole (nephews over for sleepover, hence the easy comfort food)
Saturday: Yoshida Salmon, Rice & Asparagus
Sunday: Pinterest Challenge again! Baked Ham & Cheese Bread with Tomato Basil Parmesan Crock Pot Soup.




And lastly, I've again worn clothing...
Dang, I love those brown boots.



1 comment:

Paraphrase said...

The middle outfit and hairdo is my fave :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...