Tuesday, February 14, 2012

On outfits

Sunday I was hosting again at church and was so tired after a weekend babysitting my nephews that I had no idea what to wear. The thought of piecing together an outfit was a bit more than I could handle.

And then I remembered THE DRESS.
I bought it at dress barn in early January for $40 and thought, this dress would be perfect for church, work, weddings...anything really. And let me tell, it was perfect.

I wore it to church. And oh did it go over well. Which is always fun.

This is me in THE DRESS and a cardigan that I feel never matches anything
(until this dress came along)
 These pictures are taken in like the only part of our house that looks good as a photo background.
 This is me about 60 seconds after those photos were taken -
I am so much more a pajama person!

This was also what I wore all of Monday as I was home SICK.
 This photo is dedicated to Karen, our homestay student.
She is AMAZING. When she heard that I was sick she was so kind. She left me warm water to feel better. She made dinner (with a bit of help from Paul). She made her own lunch so I wouldn't have to. She brought me my phone and pills. She is wonderful.

Also, when my little sister heard I had the stomach flu she came over with gravol. She was also there to witness me attempting to swallow a chewable gravol, because I hadn't quite realized the procedure. Awesome.

I am VERY loved. All day I had texts and phone calls and emails from people checking in on me. God has blessed me with family and community and I could not be more grateful. 

Also I woke up this morning at 10am feeling 100% better. So I got up and headed in to work. This is what I wore. I think I rocked it. 

And now I get to spend Valentines night with our life group - we shall feast on Orzo, Roasted Veggies & Chicken - and a lovely plated dessert made my our resident baker, Jodi H. Woo!

1 comment:

LeAnna said...

both good outfits!

Love the dress tho :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...