Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sisters, Nephews & TV

My sister Jenna is wonderful. Today she decided to surprise me at work with a visit and flowers. I now have beautiful flowers to enjoy, I got a great visit with my sister and I got to snuggle with my cute little baby nephew, Austie-bear. So great.


She didn't even know that that was already my desktop background!

Look how sweet my nephews are:
 And amazing, my wonderful sister and Austin driving my car...not really

I am trying to watch a few new shows - some I've liked. Some I've not liked. I will say this; they all have a glimmer of good, but for some of them the bad or awkward outweighs that

  • Hart of Dixie: Cute. Love Rachel Bilson. BUT, the only problem is that i keep getting embarrassed - though in this case I'm sticking it out because Rachel Bilson is Rachel Bilson.
  • 2 Broke Girls: I love Kat Dennings but NOT in this show. Her character is too rude to people and customers. Though a good waitress; no one would keep a waitress around who was so consistently rude. And that's just a small point of the show, but oh man, it's enough to make me bail.
  • Pan Am: love this show. paul loves this show. I'm sold. It's awesome. I immediately want to wear small cute blue suits, a small blue hat and carry a matching blue bowling bag - though it would look exactly as described above, and not cute and amazing like it does on the girls in Pan Am.
  • Up all night: I love Maya Rudolph, Christina Applegate and Will Arnett....but this show? It's funny. I so badly wnt to like it - but it makes the office look like a non awkward show. And that's saying something. I don't think I can keep trying. 
So you can now see why a) I'm not a TV show critic, my reviews are terrible and entirely based on personal feeling and b) that I watch a lot of TV based on which actors are picked for the rolls.

Shows I do watch:
  • Parenthood
  • How I met your mother
  • Project Runway
  • America's Next Top Model
  • Psych
  • Amazing Race
  • Pan Am
  • Hart of Dixie
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
  • Harry's Law
  • Survivor
  • The Office
  • 30 Rock
  • Glee
  • Ace of Cakes
  • Community
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Saturday Night Live
Wow - I watch a lot of TV. Some would say too much. I will neither agree nor disagree.

Alright, enough of this disjointed blog - I'm off to make Chicken Toquitoes for a Mexican Fiesta with Candace and Earl. 

1 comment:

Paraphrase said...

Wow... and I was just commenting to Nick that I thought WE were following too many shows (and half of our haven't released the next season yet). We are watching:

Community
How I Met Your Mother
Merlin (not out right out)
Parenthood
Teranova (sci-fi)
Damages
Game of Thrones

That's only 7 compared to your 19! Phew, it seems much more doable now, lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...