Friday, May 10, 2013

What I do

*I'm not doing the days in any appropriate order but as the topics interest me, I'm answering them*

If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?


I'm all about people. At work, at home - in life. What I do, I do for people. Because God loves people, and God is all about relationship, my goal is to be all about relationship. So I work a job that is all about loving people. Everything I do, is basically for people. 


It's how I pick where to live. It's how I pick a house. It's how I pick how to fill my day and how to spend my money and how to pick a husband. It's all about the people that God loves, and how I get to be a part of that. 


And it's pretty much the best, ever.





You know what else I do? 
Crafts & DIY stuff. 

Lately, I've been working specifically on my craft room. I've made some huge progress. I even have a desk now!

First up, as I mentioned before, we taped and painted the first coat. Then when that was dry I taped and painted the second stripe. Then tape off and voila!


Then I had Paul come help me - he inserted brackets into my closet to hold my desk.




Add table and instant desk!


I sorted out my stand - organizing my card making supplies


Then we used two shelves from bookcases into the closet for shelf space.



I added jars with chalkboard paint sprayed lids to hold things. 
More to come, that's as far as I've gotten - only half way!

Another craft I've worked on lately is my chalkboard calendar. After spending all that time to make it, you can imagine my dismay when I went to erase the chalk and the white chalk wouldn't fully erase! It only slightly rubbed off and it was looking terrible. I was so sad. 
I contacted Jen @iHeart Organizing to ask how she deals with this and she suggested I use a Magic Eraser.


Well my board is now super super clean and I couldn't be happier!


I love seeing things work out well!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...