Thursday, January 26, 2012

Meme & more photos

Last night we had a lovely night with our friends Emily and Rob. We got to visit their house, eat delicious food, and enjoy great conversation. It was a fairly perfect night. Plus since they get up early and therefore go to bed early it meant we could get to bed on time. Win Win Win! Paul started to fall asleep on the drive home. When we finally made it home he went straight to bed. I went to the bathroom and then straight to the bedroom. I found him immediately asleep. 

Today I woke up bright and early, made lunches, got packed and spent some quality time with God.

And in case you think I might possibly look good one I cycle in to work and before I shower, think again:
This is literally the look on my face every day as I walk into the change rooms
Though I do think I scrub up a least a bit nicely:

One of the blogs I read was tagging anyone who read her blog…
So I tagged myself, cause that’s what I like to do:
11 Facts about me:
1. It took me 27 years to start liking Zucchini. Now it is my favorite vegetable and I use it in 95% of the things I cook.

2. I have such ridiculous and varied tastes, that my husband has to keep a list of “Things Tara likes” so that he knows what to get me at Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Safeway, the Florist, etc. He finds this ridiculous…but is sweet and tries anyways. (and as much as I love him, I can say that even with the list, he’s often still not gotten quite the right thing…but I’m so aware that it’s the thought that counts that I always feel very loved anyways)

3. I don’t drink coffee without added flavor; syrup, creamer, etc. Flavored Creamer is cheaper in America. Therefore every time I go there I stock up. Currently I have 5 opened flavored creamers in my fridge and 10 more frozen in my freezer. I also have 3 open syrups on my counter for pumping, and a stock of 4 more of each in my pantry.

4. It bothers me that my computer corrects my typing every time I use the Canadian English spelling, rather than the American. Flavour is a real word. So is labour. And colour. Stop red underlining my words, word!

5. I separate all my music in to playlists that are mood related. “Happy” “Moody” “Emo” etc. I generally hate listening to entire albums, as I feel music fairly deeply and hate going from a slow song to a fast song.

6. I have hip hop / rap / top 40 next to worship / sermons next to mellow, quiet Imogen Heap type music. I think my music collections reads likes it’s super confused about who it is.

7. When I was 21 I thought I was Barbie. I was thin with a larger than normal top half (trying to avoid saying boobs, dang it), blonde with pink highlights, and drove a pink car. Later that year I thought I was a black rapper, which equally did not suit me.

8. I own many many books. I think we own around 1000 books…and 85% of those are mine. And I have read every book I own. And every book I own that is chick lit has been read at least 5 times….some up to 20. I could not afford to keep myself in new books.

9. Last October I had back surgery – this makes me sound like an old lady. BUT because of it I am much happier and healthier so yay!

10. This means I have twice had major surgery (breast reductions and back / disk surgery) / this is a fact that for some reason I really like about myself.

11. I'm a very hard person to live with if you're a female. I can get really mean, bossy, and stubborn sometimes. (I straight up stole that first sentence from Aunie Sauce but it sooo applies to me also). Women can come live with me and Paul in our house, and since we are in charge it would all be fine. But if we need to share our space and make it ours? No way. Not going to work. For years I blamed my roommates – I think I am finally owning up to the truth…it may have been me.

12. I am a couch person, but since September I would rather bike than skytrain to work. This shocks me, and most people who know me. Every time people see me they say “So, you still riding?” and I know they are expecting me to say, “nope!”…but alas, I surprise them and me by getting on my bike every morning and every afternoon and being healthy…and environmentally friendly…and saving money. And it is lovely.

And here are the questions I need to answer:

1. What person do you look up to the most?
Hands down, my Auntie Sandy. Next is my Nana, who is also awesome. As I think about who I want to be, the woman that my Auntie Sandy is, helps me have a marking post. She listens, she cares, she laughs, she joins, she prays, she is godly, and she is not afraid to call you on your stuff and still love you while doing it. God was very kind to me when he put her in my life.

2. What is your dream car?
Can I tell you the truth? My dream car may or may not exist…let me tll you what it needs, and if you have heard of it, you can tell me if it exists.
It must have room for the same amount of people as a van, but also be able to easily convert to have room for Paul and I to sleep in the back so we could stay overnight at Walmart’s. I’d like for it to be pretty and shiny (there are a few colours that would do). It must easily fit my giant husband, and have MANY cupholders.
Our new car has one cupholder. I find this actually insulting. How rude!

3. If you could collect one thing, what would it be? Friends! And I already do. Ridiculous but true.

4. If you could get rid of one of your bad habits, which would it be?
This is gross to admit, but hey, here we go. Since I was 16 I scratch my head. All the time. I have that baby’s skin thing cradle cap. So I scratch it. It bleeds. Then it hurts…and I keep scratching. Now I am 28 and I still do this to myself. Ridiculous.

5. What is your FAVORITE thing about yourself?
That I am funny. I think you ca
n learn most other character pieces (to listen more, to talk more, etc) but you can’t really learn to be funny…and I think I’m funny.
Not to brag but my friend Morgan (who is one of the funniest people I know or that most of my friends know) says I’m one of the funniest people she knows…yes!

6. What is one thing you would change about yourself at this very moment?
I would have remember to pack an undershirt today so that I could be wearing it under my sweater dress…because I am slightly chilly.

7. One thing you would change about the world?
May I be overly Christian right now? I wish people in the whole world knew Jesus…the real Jesus…and actually knew him, not just knew of him. I sincerely believe this would change the other problems in the world.

8. Do you make your bed everyday? Explain.
2 out of 3 days. I miss the days when my husband was up after me so he had to make it. I feel I have screwed myself over there.

9. 3 things you would want on a deserted island? Only 3...
3 things…but can I have people also? Some sort of fish catching device that also catches animals (because my deserted island is filled with peaceful but tasty animals), A solar powered iPhone with good reception and one lululemon outfit.
Also I would bring Paul and My sister and her family. I’d take more friends but I think the island might get to crowded and all the animals/food might leave

10. Would you rather be a business-person or homemaker?
Home maker for sure!

11. No new clothes for the rest of your life or no new shoes? No new shoes, for sure.

And I know I am supposed to come up with new questions for y’all as per this meme but I am just too tired today to do so – so if you want to play along you can answer the same questions as me, ha ha!
Love, T

1 comment:

LeAnna said...

I miss flavoured creamers so much. They don't have them over here at all, at least not that I've seen.

And if you think computers are bad with Canadian spelling, try using British. The absence of 'z' is too much for it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...