Monday, March 4, 2013

Menu Plan Monday


Despite the busyness I still have had a lot of fun with food and cooking. It matters to me that meal times aren't a huge chore and that we eat healthy and tasty foods. At our house we have salads for lunch 4 out of 5 days. That means that with 6 mouths to feed, I make 6 lunches each day. It's a hearty salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, turkey breast, parmesan slivers, some crispy onions, avocado's and peppers. It's tasty and healthy - less than 5 Weight Watchers points for the whole thing, dressing included!

Because lunches are so healthy I tend to splurge a bit on the dinners - or at least I don't watch quite as carefully. I still like to incorporate a large portion of veggies but we will have pastas and rices and other carbs with dinner. 

Monday: Spaghetti Ham Bake
Tonight we have a Deacon's meeting so I needed an easy meal. It was supposed to be the meal that we'll be having Wednesday but I took too long to get out of bed therefore the crockpot wasn't an option. However last night I diced up the ham and I just need to boil some  noodles, mix up the sauce, combine all and bake when I get home. Easy! And because I'm quite wild I will cook up some asparagus to go in the casserole. Wild, I tell you!

Also this is a secret weapon recipe - it makes a double batch. I get to freeze one to use later. Love it!




Tuesday: Broccoli Fettucini Alfredo
It's lifegroup night, so as usual I need an easy but tasty meal to feed 20 people. I have shredded chicken in my freezer and lots of Broccoli, so this is an easy option. I'll serve it with garlic bread.




Wednesday: Crockpot Tex-Mex Pork Stew
Wednesday night I'm hanging out with my friend Stephanie, so I needed something easy that would be ready when I got home and I could quickly wolf down before heading out, while leaving a lot of food for the rest of my hungry crew!

Thursday / Friday / Saturday / Sunday: Beefy Crockpot Tortellini and  Crockpot Italian Chicken (for the students). These are both one pot meals that are easy to prepare and take no finicking with at the end, this is important because...

This weekend Nancy and Cris (Paul's mom and her husband) are coming to visit from Texas for the weekend, so I'll be making a few crockpot meals over the weekend for our students at home. We will be eating with Nancy and Cris and Joel and Katie. Joel and Katie will cook one night, I will cook one night and Nancy will cook one night - we will also eat out someplace great one night. 

The plan for my night is: Cold Garlic & Sesame Soy Marinated Green BeansBroccoli Fritters, Cauliflower Fritters (both served with garlic aioli), Mini Pommes Anna and baked Salmon













Oh yes, it will be good


This weekend was awesome and I'll fill you in on it tomorrow - it involves a Pinterest worthy party and many pictures of said party!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...