Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 9: Update and the Canucks

Looking back at the things I was hoping to accomplish starts out sad…but ends fairly produvtively.


Read my Bible more. I have forgotten to do this one. Sad.

Do 10-15 minutes of exercise a day. Have not done this…but have continued to eat healthy and follow Weight Watchers strictly. Also have researched where I want to exercise now that I can’t do boot camp anymore and hope to pick a place to start at for the beginning of May.

Drink 6 cups of water a day. I am failing miserably at this. So hard to drink that much water!

Fold the Laundry as soon as it’s out of the dryer. Not doing awesome. There are two laundry baskets full of clean clothes on my floor.

Blog more regularly. Am succeeding! Yay, thank you Laura and the 30 day challenge!

Pray regularly. Yes. I am enjoying finding extra time to spend with God. And in new ways. Finding those special meeting places between him and I.

Be creative / have fun. Yes! Designed magnets on the computer to be handed out at our women’s retreat. I so enjoyed the creation process!

Read more often. I am actively working my way through all the books that need reading and doing a lot more reading than normal.

Sort out the boxes/bags. Nada. Nope. Not at all.

Get more sleep! I have been succeeding until last night. Sunday, also, we were in bed until almost 2 (we briefly got out for breakfast and lunch). Success!

Last night was game 7 of the 1st Series with the Blackhawks versus the Canucks. They were tied 3 games each, and the winner would be decided. In the past (years and even weeks) we’ve cancelled Life group (our churches name for our small groups or bible studys or homegroups, etc) to watch the game as a group, but there has been an amazing momentum in our lifegroup lately and myself and the other lifegroup leaders really felt we shouldn’t cancel AGAIN for the game. So we still had lifegroup (I was so impressed that we had as many people as we did – tho you could tell some were very antsy to get to the game); we had an awesome night prepared for a talk by Lyndsay on Worship, and then some rad worship. The night was amazing! It was so clear that God was there, and we saw another healing! That’s two healings in two weeks. So freaking cool.

What was also cool was that we were able to catch the first 5 minutes of the hockey game before we started LG and got to see the first score. We made it back to the Mitchell’s house to watch the final 10 minutes of the third period and OT. In essence we were able to see every goal, and miss a lot of the tension of waiting and hoping to win, and still got to enjoy Life group and the game! It felt so win-win! The joy in the room when we won was so great to see. Grown men jumping and hugging each other. People going from stressed and angry looking to pure elation in a split second. I loved reading my Facebook newsfeed through the game; so many great comments from people when we won.

My favorites were:
• “Alex Burrows, I want to have your baby” –Jon
• “We’re coming for your Nashville; Carrie Underwood you better watch your back” – Megan
• “Yeaaaah! BC you can exhale now.” – Karen

I love the “patriotism” that is shown in that moment; despite the often appalling lack of support we give our Canucks whenever they aren’t doing so well.

Other than that today is a bit of a sad day as one of my favorite co workers is heading off to Toronto. There is a 6 months period here were people are beginning to relocate to our new head office in Toronto. Eventually this office will close once they’re all gone. She’ll be the third to leave. And during that time my other good friend co worker left to go travelling. It definitely gets quieter and quieter here!

1 comment:

LeAnna said...

I use a pint glass for my water at work and then drink from there throughout the day. After a couple of 'pints' I think I've already hit four glasses of water.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...