Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 1: Resolution

My friend Laura and I were talking about things we wanted to do more. Well to be honest, she blogged about it, then I emailed her in response and then we talked over lunch. One of these things we wanted to do more of was blogging. So we are starting the 30 day blogging challenge. The name is fairly self explanatory. We will blog for every day for 30 days. I wonder how this will pan out when I’m out of town as I plan to be a lot during the next month! There is one weekend where I am pretty sure I will be without internet, so it will probably 30 days minus one.



To start here is a list of things I’d like to accomplish in the next year:


1. Read my Bible more. 1 Chapter on the skytrain each day.

2. Do 10-15 minutes of exercise a day. Squats, crunches, plank and jumping. (on top of this I do bootcamp for an hour, twice a week, with my sister Jenna)

3. Drink 6 cups of water a day. I don’t know if I’ll be able to do this as I tend to go to the washroom so much already and really can’t afford to keep going so much at work.


4. Fold the Laundry as soon as it’s out of the dryer. And put away! This is a big issue for me


5. Blog more regularly. 30 day challenge accepted!

6. Pray regularly. I pray regularly, but for me it’s taking solitary time with God at least weekly. That would be wise.

7. Be creative. Make cards once a month

8. Read more often. I have many books I want to read. I need to stack all books to be read in one spot. When finished one, grab a new one!

9. Sort out the boxes/bags in my house. I can do 5 minutes a day and some day be done, instead of just never doing any.

10. Get more sleep! Be in bed by 10:30 at latest on weeknights! This would give me just over 8 hours a sleep a night.


This past weekend Paul and I had my Nana (my Grandpa’s second wife) over for dinner. She is one of my favorite people in the world. We had a wonderful time.


Saturday I hosted a Bridal Shower for our dear friend and houseguest Candace. Afterwards we joined Paul’s Dad and Stepmom (David and Carole) for dinner. When we got home, our friends John and Crystal were there to spend the night so they could head out to the airport in the morning.


Sunday Paul left early to go to Buffalo, NY for a week of training to raise support to go in to ministry. After driving him to the airport I lined up with all the other crazies and waited for costco to open. Shopped and in line within 15 minutes! Went home, made a vat of soup, attended a women’s ministry meeting, run coffee service at church, helped in kids church and then had a dear friend, Lyndsay K, over for dinner. Phew! I was glad when Sunday was over!


Last night I went to bootcamp with my sister and then hung out at home with Candace and had martinis. It was a wonderful evening.

Tonight is D Group with my girls, and then Life group. We get to worship, pray and talk together. It will be great.


I miss Paul while he’s away, but as you can see there is barely time to miss him…life is so full! And he’ll be back Friday night…so I have some time Friday during the day to relax and then welcome him home later.


I’m not in a super bloggy mood right now; so I’m going to get back to work.

2 comments:

LeAnna said...

I put all my "to read" books in a stack too, only I mix it up with library books :)

Tara said...

Ahhh yes, library books. I have one of those out and the library wants it back...it has been swallowed into my book collection and I can't find it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...