Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Menu Plan, January 27th

Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie
Upcoming week: 
MondayLasagna (with deer meat)
Monday was the start of my 5th final week at work before Mat leave!! That evening was nursery planning night with "Gram" Paul's mom Nancy. I'd made up Lasagna's the day before for the house (and for Paul's Nana for her birthday, and the Whittons for life with a newborn) and froze two while leaving one in the fridge for Monday's dinner. I saved a bit of the meat sauce and cheese mixtures so that I could bake some zucchini and make myself a little Zucchini Lasagna, which tasted awesomely and gave me extras for lunch!

Tuesday: Spaghetti & Meatballs
Tuesday is D groups - that means Paul, myself and two of our students have a meeting out of the house by 8. I had some frozen meatballs in sauce leftover from the last time we had this meal, so will just need to cook up pasta and bake a Spaghetti Squash for me. Should be enough for leftovers for lunches for the whole house as well. Win again!

Wednesday: Crockpot Potato Soup
Wednesday is prenatal class #3! Since we have to be out the door by 6:30 crockpot dinners are the only way to go. This soup is always well received and I make it a bit healthier by adding a head of chopped up cauliflower in place of some of the potatoes. Once blended no one can tell the difference! Serve with bread or crackers and it's a meal!

Thursday: Crockpot Lettuce Wraps

Thursday is a Women's Ministry meeting at my sisters, so an easy dinner makes it a less stressful night for me. I've yet to decide if I'm doing this meal with ground deer or ground beef, but either way it will be awesome.

Friday: Mediterranean Boneless Pork Chops

Friday we don't have plans yet - I'm trying to get better at leaving times free that we could make more spontaneous plans with people. That stresses me out though, if I'm honest. But it loves on Paul. So there we go. 

Saturday: Cheesy Chicken Bundles with roasted vegetables
Saturday we are hanging out with my nephews for the day and having them for dinner, as well as working on some stuff around the house. This meal seemed kid friendly and tasty looking.

Sunday: Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup

Sunday is Superbowl - so we'll be serving lots of snacky game food in the day. I'll pop this soup into the crockpot to eat after church for the house. 

Week in Review: 
MondaySlow Cooker Corn Chowder
This soup didn't turn out as well as it normally does, I'm not sure what went wrong. It was a bit of a letdown but at least it fed us, even if it wasn't super super tasty. We ate soup then jetted out to visit our new godson Elliott!

Tuesday: 
French Tartiflette
Tuesday Gwen had made a big french dinner for our house - it was a big hit! I was feeling EXHAUSTED and was so thankful she took care of dinner. There was a church wide meeting I meant to go to but man that cold still made me exhausted so I stayed home and slept right through the evening and into the night. Third trimester mixed with a cold = much tiredness.

Wednesday: Rotel Chicken Soup  Snow peas and shrimp
Wednesday was prenatal class #2! I ran out of time in the morning to put food in, so I whipped up this easy meal with brown and wild rice when I got home. Tasty and healthy. Prenatal class was great, I really enjoyed it. It was a lot more fun as we all got more comfortable with each other - a room full of strangers is quite intimidating!

Thursday: Crockpot Chicken Marsala 
Pizza with ceasar salad
Thursday is sister night, and again I ran out of time to put food in the crockpot. I was having a haircut that evening after work as well, so frozen pizza topped with sausage was the easy answer. I made a gluten free pizza for myself. After dinner I spent a great evening with my sister.

Friday: YOYO (Visiting friends for dinner)

Friday I spent the morning with two lovely dear friends, then spent the rest of the day with my sister in law Katie and our two step-sisters (in law, for me) Sara and Laura. We had a great japanese lunch together at Akuri in Delta and Katie and I had a rather lackluster trip to Target. Paul and I went to dinner with his old classmate Oliver and his girlfriend Gesa. What a fun night! Great conversation, lots of laughter and a great game of Settlers of Catan: Cities & Knights.

Saturday: YOYO (Games night at friends house)
Saturday was spent visiting with the Whittons and Elliott, then it was home to nap (oh nap!) before heading off to New West for a board game night with the Papali's. I learned two new games, Istanbul and Love Letters, and got to play a round of Ticket to Ride. Great night all round! 

And to brag on Paul, I didn't know if I had time to nap but was so tired. I knew I needed to go to Costco though. Paul hates going to Costco and I usually love it, but this time the tiredness felt overpowering. He took my list for me and went, and made sure I got my nap in. I felt so loved.




Sunday: 
Breakfast Quiche
Sunday was a big day! I had a 9am phone date with Crystal (I pulled together the Breakfast Quiche while we chatted), a 10am bible study with Xiao (while the Quiche baked), a 12pm brunch with our lovely french students parents and our whole house (fun language moments!) and then spent the afternoon with Paul prepping 5 lasagnas. I thought I'd be doing that alone, and his offer to help was soo appreciated, especially knowing how much he hates food prep. We froze two lasagnas, put one in the fridge for the following day and delivered two on our way to church. Then it was on to church for a special service with visiting Philipino pastors and a big church wide dinner afterwards. We were pretty wiped by the end of the day but man was it full of life, and even more so I was thankful for a good devotional/prayer time spent with God at the start of it all!

And this Breakfast Quiche was awesome! I didn't follow a recipe but here's what I did:

I layered one bag of frozen hash browns into a large casserole dish (with some in a smaller casserole dish as well). Then baked that in the oven for about 10 minutes with some margarine/butter and a bit of onion and garlic salts. While that was baking I took 1 chopped up Zucchini & two diced Peppers and sauteed them with some garlic until tender. And while that was sauteeing I also had chopped up bacon cooking, and some diced farmers sausage and diced ham. I added both to the pans of hash browns and stirred them all up, and mixed in some garlic 4 herb seasoning. Then I mixed (with my hand mixer) 18 eggs with some skim milk and poured that over top of the meal. Top with a bit of grated parmesan and then I baked it for an hour at 350. In the future though it could have gone in for 45 minute and would have been just as good, maybe even a bit more moist, though it was surprisingly not dry at all. This fed 6 people, and had lunch leftovers for 3 more people. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...