Monday, September 22, 2014

Menu Plan Monday, September 22nd



Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie
Upcoming week: 
Monday: Pork Bites, roasted vegetables & pasta
Tonight we need to prep for an event on Saturday that we're teaching/hosting so after dinner we'll sit down and hammer out some details. 

Tuesday: Mexican Casserole with rice instead of noodles
Tuesday night we are taking food to our friends house before they move and after the wife just had surgery - so bringing food to them seemed helpful! At 8 I have Discipleship Group with some wonderful women at Starbucks. 

Wednesday: Creamy Chicken Tacos with Mexi Rice
Wednesday night is night two of prep for the Saturday event! An easy dinner is vital, plus we have TONS of Mexi Rice left to eat.

Thursday: Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Curry
Thursday night I have a work function then am seeing my sister, so this is a meal I can make in the morning but that Paul can easily serve up in the evening. 

Friday: Balsamic Glazed Porkloin with mashed boursin potatoes & veggies
Friday night we are going to be home doing any last minute prep for the following day and possibly having a friend over - so a nice hearty meal seems fun.

Saturday: Appies - Party Food

Saturday is our all day lifegroup Strength Finders event - we've been wanting to do this all year so I'm pumped to get to teach this with Paul and lead our group through it! After we meet all day (and feed the gang lunch) we'll also be having the group over for dinner and board games, woot.

Sunday: Appies - Party Food
Sunday is a lunch I'm greatly looking forward to - Womens Ministry lunch! And after that is church and a Veronica Mars movie viewing night with friends - complete with more party food. Can't wait to complete the Veronica Mars storyline in my head!

Week in Review: 
Monday: Enchiladas by Nancy
Monday night was Nancy's (Paul's mom) last night in town so she made her famous Enchiladas that her kids love. We ate so so well. And she made lunches for my house! I felt so loved! What a treat it was to have her in town all weekend - I am blessed to have two lovely mom-in-laws; even from Texas she manages to bless and support us!

Tuesday: Garlic Honey Mustard Ham, roasted potatoes and roasted vegetables
Tuesday was lifegroup night - I needed some extra ham for the following night's dinner and cooking a ham is super easy! Dinner went smoothly and on time, though I made JUST enough to feed everyone, it was touch and go for a moment there. Lifegroup was great though, and we had ice cream cake to celebrate Jonathan - happy birthday cousin!

Wednesday: Slow Cooker Shrimp Marinara Shrimp Pesto Pasta
Wednesday I made this easy pasta and shrimp dish, and doubled the noodle count so I could then prep the following night's dinner, including my portion with spaghetti squash. Growing a baby was tiring me out that day so I was in bed by 8:30 - productive and happy. 

Thursday: Spaghetti Ham Bake
Thursday I was so glad I'd made dinner in advance! We needed to be at SFU by 6:40pm and to the Mitchell's by 5:30 - we just made it! The event at SFU was wonderful - tons of faith by our Campus Team. 


Friday: Pizza (for the house) and Deli meat baked with marinara sauce, veggies & cheese for me!
Friday was Dad's birthday, so I took him out for breakfast then spent the day with Connor, including a lunchtime trip to Paul's work for his coworker and my friend Laura to take our baby announcement shot. It worked out so well and Connor and I had a great day together. It was so fun to make our announcement and joy public! 






Then we were back off to SFU. I was sharing my 5 minute testimony during the outreach so was feeling a bit nervous, but the whole night was a success and again another student came to know God! Great success! I was exhausted by the end of the night and was in bed by 10:30 while Paul hang out with the gang and arrived home at 2am. Oh the joys of growing a human.

Saturday: Balsamic Steak Skewers with twice baked potatoes and vegetables

Breakfast Casserole & Maui Ribs with Rice, corn on the cob and veg.
Saturday was perfection. We had my family over for my Dad's birthday and cooked up a mean egg casserole (so good!). Great family time. 


After that I read in the sun for an hour, then napped for an hour and a half. So lovely. Our friends the McCarthy's came over at 5:30 and didn't leave until midnight! Games, food, conversation. It was perfect. 

Sunday: Balsamic Steak Skewers with twice baked potatoes and vegetables

Sunday we cleaned the house and got ready for a gender reveal party for the Whittons. The even was fun, low energy and super enjoyable. Plus they're having a boy, which is fun! 


Then we were off to church & then back home for a house dinner to celebrate both Sam and Duncan's birthdays - everyone was home plus two friends and it was a great night. Though I immediately hit the hay after dinner! Tired!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...