Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Menu Plan Monday, September 15th



Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie
Upcoming week: 
Monday: Enchiladas by Nancy
Last night was Nancy's (Paul's mom) last night in town so she made her famous Enchiladas that her kids love. We ate so so well. And she made lunches for my house! I felt so loved! What a treat it was to have her in town all weekend - I am blessed to have two lovely mom-in-laws; even from Texas she manages to bless and support us!

Tuesday: Garlic Honey Mustard Ham, roasted potatoes and roasted vegetables
Tuesday is lifegroup night - I knew I'd need some extra ham for the following night's dinner and cooking a ham is super easy! So a plan was born. The only labour intensive part of this nice sit down dinner is cutting up the potatoes, which I'll be doing tonight!

Wednesday: Slow Cooker Shrimp Marinara
Wednesday needed an easy meal so this was created - nice and easy! I'll use Spaghetti Squash for mine - and cook that up the night before. 

Thursday: Spaghetti Ham Bake
Thursday we have to be up at SFU by 7pm so I'll be making this dish up the night before and using the second half of the spaghetti squash for my portion. 

Friday: Pizza + Veggie Crust Pizza [1 or 2] w. shredded chicken, boursin and lots of veggies!
Friday is my Dad's birthday - I'll be taking him out for breakfast and then spending a few hours with my nephew Connor - I think I'll have him help me prep these pizza's. Then it'll be off to SFU at Burnaby mountain for another night of church outreach!

Saturday: Balsamic Steak Skewers with twice baked potatoes and vegetables

Saturday we are having our friends the McCarthy's over for dinner and we haven't done that in ages, so I wanted a nice dinner to serve them. And Lindsay is gluten free and coupled with my wheat free this is a great meal choice! Plus it looks pretty. Here it is the last time I made the skewers!





Also easy fudge dessert!

Sunday: Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Curry
Sunday is a awesome fun gender reveal party at our house for a friend, then church. We come home from church so hungry so a slow cooker soup will be just what we need. Especially since we'll want to relax after a busy weekend. 

In Review:
Monday: Spaghetti Sauce with Spaghetti Squash
Monday was a Lifegroup Leaders meeting which was excellent - and dinner was a big success!

Tuesday: Corn on the Cob, roasted potatoes & Yoshida Salmon
Tuesday we enjoyed a relaxing dinner out on the patio, then I headed off to meet up with my lovely friend Ana for some Home Sense browsing and then to meet up with our small group for Discipleship Group...possible name for group "Diva time" but only by accident as I was referring to Devo's (short for devotionals) and someone thought I was saying Diva!

Wednesday: Southwest Quinoa stuffed peppers, roasted veg & grilled drumsticks.
Wednesday night we got the guest room ready for Nancy's arrival and then headed over to my aunt's house for a relaxing family night. Dinner was a real hit - oh the soutwest quinoa stuffed peppers were fabulous.  

Thursday: YOYO / Noodle Box & Gelato
Thursday Paul's mom arrived to town! After work we picked her and Katie (Paul's sister up) and headed to get Joel (Katie's boyfriend) and then home for Paul and I to change. I had my first Noodle Box experience (the rest loved it but I would not choose to go back - then again I am a wimp and hate spice) and we had a fabulous Gelato experience and a lovely evening hanging out in the fresh air chatting.





Friday:  YOYO / Craft @ Olympic Village 
Friday we had a great breakfast together on the patio, then headed out to Costco and back to the house for a visit with my Auntie Sandy. After that the three of us headed downtown on our bikes - we had a lovely sunny adventure cycling around the seawall and ended up at Craft in the Olympic Village for Beer and Nachos. Excellent. Later we met up with Joel and Katie at our place. It was a great day.




Saturday: YOYO / Meinhardt's takeout & Meat & Cheese Tray
Saturday morning we hit up Dim Sum (soooo tasty) and then Paul and Nancy got to go on a mother-son adventure downtown. While they hit up the Vancouver Art Gallery and took a long walk, I went out to meet my sister and her kids at the mall, then I took the boys with me to replace my lost jacket. I love hanging out with my nephews. We met up with Paul and Nancy on Granville and then all headed to my sisters to sit in the sun with Colin and Jenna (and later Colin's mom Elaine). 


East River Dim Sum at Knight and Kingsway

Nancy and Chicken's feet! Very brave

Paul loving it!

Our order sheet

Then we headed home to relax! Nancy and I read, while Paul watched some TV. It was an idyllic hour. My Dad and Mom joined us afterwards for snacks out on the patio - twinkle lights, candles and tasty treats - it was a lovely evening! I love getting to connect with my whole family like that. After Dad and Mom left Nancy, Paul and I stayed up talking - getting to know Nancy helps me understand Paul and I'm so thankful for that! It is such a treat having her here!

Sunday:
Thai Coconut Chicken Skewers and Coconut Rice (and coconut brown rice)
Sunday I happily did not join Nancy and her kids as they went off on a hike to Dog Mountain. Everything about it sounded like something I didn't want to do, haha. The Morgan's have long legs and athletic lifestyles - I knew I'd never keep up! Plus I had a baby shower to get to, which was lovely. It was for a co worker and I really enjoyed it. Then I got home, prepped food for dinner and then we all headed to church. For dinner Katie and Joel joined us and it was a lovely family evening. The Thai Coconut Chicken Skewers were a hit. Almost everything got eaten up except for what I stole for lunches!

It has been such a wonderful time with Paul's mom. I'm so glad she could be here and join us in every day life stuff. And it was fun to try our new guest room also! It works so much better than the old space. I love when things work out!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...