Monday, January 6, 2014

Menu Plan Monday: Back at it


Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie

Upcoming week: 
Monday: Chicken Pot Pie
We have two awesome friends, Laura and Charlotte, coming over for dinner so I wanted something tasty to serve them - and something that I knew was a guaranteed good choice. Plus I've been craving Chicken Pot Pie lately. 

It's our first lifegroup back so I wanted something easy to ease myself back into the cooking - plus I think there will be full attendance so it needed to be something that stretches well. 

Wednesday: Chicken Taco Soup
A night in - I have some sewing projects to work on. So an easy comfort food dinner seemed in order. And with the rain and cold of late, Soup seemed the best way to go!

It's the first Thursday back at regular life, so I needed an easy dinner that I could pull together before heading over to my sister house to tuck the boys in and then hang out with Jenna. 

We have a night out with friends at 7:30 but have to eat something before - and this is always a crowd pleaser. 

Saturday: Cordon Bleu Bubble Up with Roasted Veggies
We have good friends, the Saffolds, coming over for dinner so I wanted something tasty to eat and serve to guests. We have a wedding earlier that day so I think I'll prep the meal Saturday morning before the wedding...but if I don't have time it's one that I can easily make right before serving it. 

Sunday: Mexican Pie x2
Paul and I will be joining his family for a birthday for his step mom Carol and we're providing the main dish! As well I'm needing to make a big meal for a womens ministry meeting that day at lunch - so I'm going to make a double batch of Mexican Pie and serve at both places. It goes well with Guacamole, Sour Cream, Salsa and a side of chips - and often I make a side of Mexi Rice just for fun. 

In Review:
Monday, the 30th: Chicken Pot Pie (from holiday leftovers) 
I accidentally froze my pie crusts so we turned the holiday leftovers into Chicken Pot Pie Bubble up - it was tasty and warm, though not overly exciting. I can't remember now what we did Monday - we must have done something! 

Tuesday, the 31st:  New Years Eve!
I worked and then we were out for Sushi for dinner. When we got home I put out a bit of food (not too much though) and it was a New Years Eve Party! There were 14 of us and we had a great time - I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm so thankful for all our friends. 

Wednesday, January 1st: Leftovers
New Years Day was so wonderful - our friends Hanne and Drian spent the night and my sister and her family came over - we enjoyed a great lazy brunch together and then Drian and Paul painted a wall in our bedroom and Hanne and I painted the nightstand - operation bedroom makeover is now 95% complete! We also rested and watched movies (Harry Potter / Half-Blood Prince for the win), ate leftover chicken pot pie bubble up and played Cities and Knights. It was a perfect holiday. 

Thursday, the 2nd: Chicken Alfredo Bubble Up with roasted vegetables
I had my friend Kayla over for dinner - and we had a lovely relaxing evening, with most of our roommates home. It was lovely. And of course, the Bubble Up was awesome, as per usual. 

Friday, the 3rd: Mac & Cheese
Friday we both had the day off - I met up with my other friend Kayla and we took down the rest of my christmas decorations while chatting. Then I picked up my nephew Connor and we headed to Micheals and Costco for some shopping - he was super helpful. Then I whipped up a double batch of the homemade Mac and Cheese recipe. We were visiting with some old time friends that I haven't seen in almost 10 years - they were only going to be at the Train Station for 3 hours - after 3 hours of Travel and before another 26 hours of travel, so I thought bringing a hot meal might be super helpful and it was indeed. It was so nice to see them and meet their kids. Then Paul and I realized it was 7:30 on a Friday night and we had no plans - so we called the Lim's who were hosting our other good friends Gina and Margot and joined them for the night, at 12:30 I had to force us to leave, the hangout was too fun!

Saturday, the 4th: YOYO (You're On Your Own)
We spent the day eating and playing board games with Nick and Laura - We left our house at 11am and returned around 10:30pm. That's a long day of games. 3 rounds of Pandemic, one round of Through the Ages and some other games thrown in there also. 

Sunday, the 5th: Chicken Salad Melts
We had the McCarthy's over for lunch and then after church served dinner to some of our house - I served Chicken Salad Melts at both. At lunch I served them with some leftover Mac & Cheese, rebaked and some greek salad. At dinner I served them with Nachos. Both times the meals were successful. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...