Monday, February 2, 2015

Menu Plan Monday, Feb 2nd

Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie

Upcoming week: 
Monday: Porkloin, vegetables & mixed rice
Monday is the start of my 4th final week before mat leave, 14 working days after today. CRAZY. Tonight we don't have to rush out as soon as dinner is over, so I can make a bit more of an intensive dinner and I have a porkloin thawing in the fridge and a batch of rice cooked up from the weekend. 

Tuesday is Lifegroup and I'm making an LG favorite, Chicken Taco Soup. Easily popped into the crockpot in the AM and always super tasty. 

Wednesday: Slow Cooker Pesto Spinach Lasagna
Wednesday we have prenatal class, so crockpot meals are vital. I obviously can't eat this meal (noodles have wheat) but it's pretty easy to whip something else up for myself if everyone else is taken care of. Then we're off to our 4th prenatal class! Halfway done!

Thursday: Salmon, Vegetables & Potatoes

Thursday is a meeting with Paul and my uncle at 8pm, so we don't need to rush right out. We have a Salmon in our freezer from my Dad that I've been wanting to make. I plan to marinade it over the day in Yoshida sauce, which is always awesome. 

Friday: YOYO

Friday we are headed to our friends the Montroys for dinner, so our house is on their own!

Saturday: Tangy Grilled Chicken, Baked Potatoes, Corn on the Cob & Roasted Vegetables
Saturday we will pop over to the states in the morning to grab some groceries, and check out cribs (then we can make our final crib decision). I plan to take a nap in the afternoon, and hopefully do some painting in the garage (with a mask on and doors open). We have our friends the McCarthys coming over for dinner and I'm really looking forward to it. 

Sunday: 
YOYO / Appies from around the house
Sunday is a busy day, working around the house in the morning, a baby shower mid day, church, and then a post church hangout to enjoy our friend Jodi being in town! Phew! Thankfully Monday is a holiday!

Week in Review: 
MondayLasagna (with deer meat)
Monday was the start of my 5th final week at work before Mat leave!! That evening was nursery planning night with "Gram" Paul's mom Nancy. I'd made up Lasagna's the day before for the house (and for Paul's Nana for her birthday, and the Whittons for life with a newborn) and froze two while leaving one in the fridge for Monday's dinner. I saved a bit of the meat sauce and cheese mixtures so that I could bake some zucchini and make myself a little Zucchini Lasagna, which tasted awesomely and gave me extras for lunch!

Tuesday: Spaghetti & Meatballs
Tuesday was D groups. I planned to make Spaghetti Squash for me to enjoy with the Marinara and Meatballs but No Frills was totally out, so instead I roasted up a whole Zucchini, diced, and served it on that instead. Super tasty. Then it was off to D group and a sweet time celebrating Hanne and enjoying the new McCarthy kitty!



Wednesday: Crockpot Potato Soup
Wednesday was prenatal class #3! When I got home from work I was EXHAUSTED and so thankful that this soup was basically ready. I grabbed a bowl, wolfed that down, and quickly headed to my room for a nap. I was most definitely not fit for human company. After my nap I felt cold and shaky but less angry and mean, so that's a win. Prenatal class went well though, we watched a few births which made both Paul and I tear up a bit. It is pretty miraculous, that moment the baby arrives. 

Thursday: Crockpot Lettuce Wraps Lettuce Wraps

Thursday was a Women's Ministry meeting at my sisters, but I didn't have to be there super easy. The Crockpot Lettuce Wrap recipe I'd found seemed cumbersome, so I left the meat to thaw in the fridge and planned to make it on the stovetop when I got home. I ended up using ground pork, mixed with diced peppers, zucchini & water chestnuts, seasoned with some black bean garlic sauce, soy sauce and oyster sauce. I made up a batch of wild & brown rice to serve in the wraps as well. On the side I steamed up carrots, and fried up green beans in garlic and butter. All so tasty. 



Friday: Mediterranean Boneless Pork Chops Yoshida Chicken, wild & brown rice & vegetables.

This weekend we had my nephews with us. Friday Paul was going to a movie with some of his family so I invited them over for dinner, as well as our nephews. Dinner was great - so nice to sit around as family. While Paul was out at the movies I caught up on stuff around the house, tidying and such, as well as caught up on some TV. I can't even remember the last time I'd sat down to watch TV, probably the holidays. 

Friday to do lists and Nursery dreaming

Saturday: Cheesy Chicken Bundles Yoshida Pork, Baked Potatoes & Salad
Saturday we are hanging out with my nephews for the day - we met up with my parents for coffee at Granville Island, then popped over to MissionsFest. We had play time around the house, attempted to go to the pool (swimsuits were missing) and ended up playing in the park for a few hours. We ate dinner with our students and then I popped out for a few hours to a super super fun birthday party, and then back home for time with Paul. It was a great night. 




Sunday: Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup
Sunday we did some errands around town and some resting and some seeing of people, and Paul had friends over for the superbowl. We served Honey Garlic Chicken Wings, Beer Dip, Chili & Velveeta & some Costco deli toquitoes & tacos. All easy and tasty! Church at 5:30 was great - love seeing so many people at one time, and getting to worship with them. My back was bugging me, but aside from that I had some cool moments with people and with God - totally worth going and pushing through the pain. Paul and I relaxed at home before hitting the hay early. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...