Monday, October 20, 2014

Menu Plan Monday: October 20th



Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie
Upcoming week: 
Monday: Lasagna
This weekend I decided to make Monday easier - so I made a head of time a Lasagna (I also made one for my cousin for her first day!) and one of my students is putting it in the oven for me (thanks Sam!) meaning when we get home, dinner will be ready! Woot. 

At 7:30pm I have Women at Prayer, and after dinner I will be making lunches and hopefully doing some dinner prep for the following night before heading out to Women at Prayer - can't wait to worship with those ladies. 

Tuesday: Chicken Toquitoes
Tuesday night is Discipleship Groups - it's the night we all meet together for our small groups. We eat together, then split into groups. I wanted to make a real crowd pleaser. 

Wednesday: Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
Wednesday is my friend's 30th birthday party. Paul will be staying home to work on his sermon, so he'll serve this crockpot soup to our household. 

Thursday: Slow Cooker Pesto Spinach Lasagna
Thursday  I have a girls night with a few lovely ladies - so I can leave this easy and tasty dish at home for the house to eat, again Paul can serve it up!

Friday: Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu, with dijon parmesan sauce
Friday we have great friends coming over and it's always fun to make them great meals. Since I don't work I can take a few moments to pull this together in the day and prep pumpkin for the following day's soup. When we're done with our friends, we may head over to a 30th birthday for a different friend. I really really hope we can do both!

Saturday: Pumpkin Soup
Saturday Paul will be out in White Rock working at my Grandpa's to move furniture, and I'll be cleaning and organizing my craft room with my awesome friend Ana!! So thankful for her offer of help!

Then we have a games night with some friends - it's potluck so I'm making a soup I've been craving! It's very appropriate for fall. 

Sunday: Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Curry
Sunday I have a meeting at 2pm, but free time until then. So I will toss this recipe into the crockpot before the meeting, and after church (where I host and Paul preaches) it'll be ready to eat! 

Week in Review: 
Tuesday: Turkey Taco's Pizza with turkey & mushrooms!
Tuesday night Paul was out of town for work until almost 7. I made Pizza and we ate as a house at 7 when Paul arrived. Obviously Pizza is out for me (the wheat crust) and while I know I could attempt either Zucchini crust or non-gluten crusts, I really don't want to expend the effort. So I made hardboiled eggs and man, they hit the spot. Sometimes a craving knows what's up. Then Paul and I spent the evening together since he was leaving for hunting the next morning. 

Wednesday: Slow Cooker Chicken 'n Rice
Wednesday night neither Paul nor I were home, so I put this dish in the crockpot and had our student Sam whip up some rice to serve it over. The house raved about this dish! 

Thursday: Slow Cooker Spinach Lasagna Harry's Tomato Basil Soup, from Costco
Thursday is sister night so an easy dinner is important! Since I got back from the states the day before at 10pm I drove in to work to get an extra hour of sleep in the morning...which meant I could swing by Costco on my way home to get produce. While I heated up some Costco soup (bought at USA Costco, not available in Canada) and bread sticks my housemates unpacked the car of groceries and put the groceries - I felt so loved! I had 20 minutes to unload and cook and eat before leaving and they made it possible. 

Then I was off to spend some time with my nephews who I hadn't seen in weeks and it was lovely. Then I hung out with my sister for the evening, and for a while our Dad stopped by. It was lovely. And since Paul wasn't around to remind me to go to bed I stayed up and watched the two most recent episodes of Grey's Antomy and it was thoroughly enjoyable.  

Friday: Brown Rice mixed with Wild Rice, oven steamed carrots & Melt in Your Mouth Chicken
Friday I had an airport pick up for my sister, which took up most of the morning. Thankfully I was waiting at home for a while and during that time my iPhone arrived! Then after driving Jennifer to Jenna's, I spent a few hours with Emily and Madeline on my couch. Lovely. 

For dinner two amazing girls from church, Anacat & Shei, came over for dinner. We had an absolutely lovely time! I felt so thankful for them!!!



Saturday: YOYO
Saturday we had a church vision retreat for leaders from 9:30am to 4pm. We had Pastor Kevin York there to join us from Nashville as well. It was such a wonderful day. I can hardly express what an engaging, encouraging and lifegiving day it was. Plus the people there were rad. 

Then I rushed off to see my cousin and family as they moved into their new place - I could only stay for half an hour but it was nice to see them here with their stuff! Welcome guys!

Saturday evening I went out for dinner with 3 old High School friends; Jen, Sam & Nicole. We met up at Nuba in Kits for Labenese Food - it was my first taste of Lebanese food and I really enjoyed it. The conversation though is what really made this dinner - I mean, it was fabulous. Despite the fact that actually the four of us have never hung out together, and one of the girls I actually hadn't talked to since HIGH SCHOOL (13 years ago!!), it ended up being a wonderful, relaxing time. I hope we do this again, what a blast. 

Then I got a burst of energy and decided to stay up and make two breakfast casseroles for the next morning, and two giant Lasanga's (one for me, one for LeAnna's family). It took three hours, but it was so worth it. I made tons of food, and I knew future Tara would appreciate it. 

Sunday: Breakfast Casserole
Sunday we ended up having a birthday party for my nephew Austin. I love that little guy. He was turning 4! We had round 20 people over to celebrate him! It was a lot of fun!

Thankfully people stayed to help clean up, and then I was off to have coffee with a great friend in New West (great visit!!!) and when that was over Paul called to say he was only 5 minutes from me on the bus and I could come get him there! So that was a win. We got home earlier than expected!  We headed off for church where Kevin York was preaching - what a great service. 

After church Hanne and Ana convinced me to go out for dinner with them and a bunch of our friends to Chipotle (and later DQ for blizzards). I'm so thankful they twisted my arm as I had the best time! Paul got home from a different dinner around 10 and we were so glad to be back together after 5 days apart. I sure do like that guy!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...