Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - Family Day addition


Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie

Upcoming week: 

Monday: Spasagna
Monday is a holiday - family day. Paul and I don’t have too many plans, though there are  some. I’m meeting up with a dear friend of mine, Julie Mallari, for coffee at 10:30, leaving enough time to sleep in with Paul, but not so much time that we waste the day. I’m hoping we’ll work on a project or two during the day, but we may also be very lazy, well deserved after a busy weekend and late night. Then we have a friends 40th potluck dinner at our place.

Tuesday: Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops with Orzo and Veggies 
Lifegroup has transitioned to a new model. Start this month we meet as a whole group on the first and third weeks. The First week we meet all together after eating together, the third week we eat all together but then immediately break out into our set small groups. On the second/fourth/fifth (when applicable) weeks we will not meet as a group, filling our time with more outreach centered activities. This is our first non eating together week. So weird to think I don’t need to cook for 25 people this Tuesday! We are free until 8 when we have some small groups going on at our house. 

We don’t have any plans, thankfully. We’re away this next weekend so we’ll need Wednesday do laundry and make sure the house is running smoothly, and just be home so that we actually get to connect with our housemates. 

Thursday: Roasted vegetables & baked chicken - fridge use up. 
Thursday is sister night, and a crockpot meal saves the day.   

We’ll be gone by dinnertime but will also need dinner. I’ll throw this on in the morning and we’ll grab some at 4pm before we head out and leave the rest for our household. Hopefully there will be enough for leftovers over the weekend. 

Saturday: YOYO
We’ll be away in Pemberton with 14 of our friends - for a snow/cabin weekend. I am so very excited. I love these friends and the last time we went was a blast! 

Sunday: YOYO
Sunday we will get back just before church. I’ll throw macaroni into the crockpot for afterwards, and we’ll be glad to come home to dinner! 

In Review:
The Chicken Tortilla Soup has a really fun look - it looks tasty and fun to eat. On top of that it tasted great as well! The Cheeseburger Soup smelled awesome - and tasted so good. A kid friendly soup for sure.

The Lasagna Soup tastes similar to my favorite Weight Watchers frozen dinner - high compliment. I loved it. It’s best the first day since the noodles absorb so much of the water...but it remains great all week.
The Chicken Taco soup is again a super easy crockpot dish, feels fun to eat and tastes amazing.

I got home from a loooooooong day of work and had a hot shower, falling asleep immediately afterwards. I woke up at 7:30pm, heated up soup for the house and then after eating and talking with paul for a while, went back to sleep at 10:30. So tired! The Taco Soup was as good, if not better, the next day. 

Thursday: Leftover Lasagna Soup 
Thursday night I drove Paul out to Surrey with his sister Katie to surprise their Dad, David, with a weekend away. He had no idea it was happening, his wife Carol had gotten Friday off for him and packed his bags. He was so happy. I stopped by Ikea to grab some shelves for a friend I was seeing on the Island on Saturday (spoiler alert, when I went to the island I forgot to bring the shelves, epic fail). Then I headed over to visit my sister for the night. When I got back from her house I spent some time walking around the house and tidying. It needed it.    

Friday: YOYO
Friday morning Jenna dropped my nephew Connor off at my house at 7:30am....that way Jenna could go with my mom and her caregiver Leanne to the island for the day and I would drop Connor off at school. We cuddled on the couch for a while and chatted, then as it was early and I was tired we crawled into bed and he played on the iPad (he was so very happy) and I lightly dozed. Pretty easy babysitting gig.

After the school drop off (which made me feel all kinds of grown up) I stopped by Superstore for Groceries, then went to Fabricland for zippers and bobbins (upcoming sewing project!) and swing by Champlain area to pick up a free magazine stand from Craiglist. I got home and took some time to put stuff away and have a hot bath and make my errands day feel relaxing.

My friend Elle came over for coffee (while we chatted I worked on a sewing project), and then I headed out for the after school pick up - Connor and I took a “road trip” back to Fabricland for batting and then I dropped him off with his Dad. Then I had the pleasure of heading down to main street to meet up with an old high school friend. I hadn’t seen her in 13 years!!! It was so nice to connect, I had so so so much fun with her.

After coffee I headed home to eat a little something, continue on my sewing project and make up a cocktail for a girls night I was headed too (spoiler alert, the cocktail kinda sucked). The girls night, however, was awesome. We had such a great time. Laughter and food and drinks and more laughter and talking and oh goodness, it was lovely.

Around 10 I had to call it a night - I was so tired. The early morning wake up took it’s toll! Plus I had to do laundry and clean the house, and wanted to finish up my sewing project, all before going to bed. I had to wake up at 8am the next day for a trip so I wanted to have everything under control. I finished my sewing project while watching the Olympic Parade of Nations (I love Canada’s uniforms) and then tidied the house. I was going to be out of town all Saturday and Sunday morning so I wanted to have the house tidy by the time I went to bed...and since my sewing project was two pillows for the bedroom I needed to clean my room too, I wasn’t prepared to leave without my bed being made with those new pillows. Priority! I was alseep by 12 with the house tidy and my room presentable and my clothes packed. Phew.

Saturday: YOYO
8am came early. I made sure to get up with enough time to have a leisurely getting ready experience. Normally I’m so busy racing through everything that it’s stressful. This time I got to do all the morning travel stuff in a leisurely way. It felt so nice. It this what grown up’s feel like?

I made it to the 10:30 ferry with time to spare. I drank my tea and prepared blog posts - a rare treat. Part of this post may or may not have been written then. My awesome friend Crystal and I went out for lunch at Gina's Mexican cafe - one of my favorite places. We got to debrief about her wedding and catch up. It was lovely. We walked around the downtown harbour front and ended up at Timmies in the South end. 


From there Tami picked me up and we headed to her house. She lives way out in the boonies and it's awesome. Her place is great. We had a great time getting ready for her big 30th dinner and then headed out to Simon Holt in Nanaimo. Dinner was great - her friends were fun, the food was great. Tami was sufficiently honored. Then we headed back to Tam's house to have a bonfire in the snow. Oh it was fun. Bonfire, crisp cool, lots of talking and laughing. It was a perfect night. We were up until 2am laughing and talking. There was even at 1am Zip Line moment that made my weekend. More to come on this time later. Suffice to say, it was an amazing night with great people in a wonderful location. 



Up bright and early for the ferry home...8:30am boat, lots of time to blog in peace with a cup of tea. We docked 24 hour after I parked originally. I headed home for a 12pm Women Ministry meeting, which was not only super productive but very fun. We made great inroads in our womens retreat planning. And Jenna made my famous Broccoli Rice Casserole and it was awesome. I recently handed off to her my homemade cookbook since I mostly use the internet now.

After the ladies left I went to sleep...after a 7am wakeup Friday, a early ferry ride and late birthday night Saturday followed by early morning Sunday I needed a nap! I was up at 6pm to head out to Surrey to meet up with Paul and many family and friends to celebrate Paul's Dad, David for his 60th. I'm so glad to have David as a Father-in-law. He's a strong, loving, kind man. Whenever Paul is away David calls to see how I am. He asks about my mom and cares about me. He raised a wonderful son and is a great Dad to him. Happy Birthday David!

The party was great fun, lots of wonderful wonderful people to talk with. Great food and great flow. Carol always throws a great party and this was no excuse. A wonderful night - fun and very honouring of David. 

Monday: YOYO


Holiday monday! I got to sleep in until 10 then head out to meet my lovely friend Julie for coffee at JJ Bean on Main - we had an absolutely lovely time. Julie is one of those heart friends. She is lovely. 

After coffee I picked up Paul and we met up with my sisters family, my parents and our friends the van Vliets for Vietnamese. Then it was time for a luxurious nap. Oh I love holidays. Then it was time to set up for our friends 40th birthday. At 5:30 people started to show up - it was a fun and relaxed night to celebrate Jason. Lots of great friends, lots of great conversation and good food. I ate lunch and dinner with my parents.....so that's a win for family day. 


All in all a great weekend. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...