Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cleaning up

I am a messy. It’s true. I have struggled my whole life to be clean. It has generally been a losing battle.


There are a few things that will help me be a bit tidier: a) a nicely decorated room b) sharing a room with someone and c)a place for everything. Until last week I had never had all three at once. I am proud to say that I have kept our room clean for 1 week and 2 days. This may seem like a small thing to you, but to me it is a huge victory! This also makes me want to clean the rest of my house!

Saturday my sister came over and she sat in my kitchen and hallway with me while I organized our kitchen cupboards and shelving (all the Tupperware containers now have labels with what’s inside) and finally, 10 months later, organized all the books on my shelving and unpacked all my boxes of books and it finally looks good!

Also this is the view I get to see each morning as I walk to work after I get off the bus:

As I mentioned in my last post Paul and I have a new, organized bedroom. We have two bedrooms, one we used as a master bedroom and one we used as Paul's Den/Study. Since we are hoping to get a homestay student in the fall and in the meantime have our dear friend Candace living with us, we thought it was time to move in to the room with 2 closets (one which contains all of Paul's hunting and camping gear) and a whole wall of shelving (which as you can see I got to fill with BASKETS. I love baskets! Candace is organizing her room but soon I shall show pictures of our “rental” room.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...