Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rainy, thoughtful day

Today is a rainy thoughtful day. I am warm, inside my house, happy with the knowledge that there is a beautiful rainy day outside and that shortly I will be catching a bus to UBC in it. I have warm tea, good music and a happy heart. 
I am so ready for our house to be unpacked and yet unwilling to do much to make that the truth. It's quite a tricky place to be. 
Still on the job hunt; applying to lots of places every day and wondering where I will end up. 
Still loving marriage. Very much still in the honeymoon phase....both always trying to do little things around the house to make the other person feel good. Last night I got up in the middle of the night to make Paul's lunch and prepare his breakfast for the morning as a surprise. When I woke up (after he had gone to work) he had cleaned the entire kitchen, left flowers for me and cleaned up all garbage and recycling. It's fun to try and love each other in practical ways.


I hope I get an office job. There are some clothes I would love to own but unless I have a place to wear them will never buy them. 
One week today I am heading off on a family/friend vacation to Osoyoos. Mostly my entire family (and for sure my entire Vancouver family) plus a bunch of our friends, and families from church will be there. We will eat, play games, lay on the beach and stay up late talking. I can pretty much not wait. 
I suppose I should start getting ready for the very rainy bus trip to UBC...thankfully I have rain boots, a rain coat, a bus pass, an ipod and a book. I think I shall enjoy the ride thoroughly.


Oh and I LOVE my new hair cut. Oh love.

2 comments:

Esther said...

Oh I'm sad we aren't going to Osoyoos this year! You guys will have so much fun! We would love to come to Hicks in August to visit you guys though. You guys will have to come to Agassiz for a bbq or something this summer as well.

You and Paul are awesome. So great that you are both doing lot's to make the other feel loved.

LeAnna (and David) said...

I would hope you're still in the honeymoon phase! It's only bee a month and a bit :D But it sounds delightful, and I'm glad you're with a man who properly spoils you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...