Friday, June 19, 2015

Avelynn's second photo shoot


We're currently away on family vacation - oh the joy. It's been nice and warm and we've been relaxing in the sun. Loving it! Time away finally gave me time to do a little blogging! 

On top of my fabulous first set of newbornphotos by my friend Laura, I also had the opportunity to have a photo shoot for Avleynn with my old college friend Sherri. Sherri was my roommate in Nanaimo during school and a friend over the years – she has a baby herself (9 weeks older than Avelynn) and was a photographer already (Sherri Preston Photography), branching into newborn photography now that she has a newborn herself. She came out from Langley to do a shoot with us and she captured Avelynn beautifully!  Sherri made the time so pleasant. She was great at capturing Avelynn and did not get phased at all when tears were present. She had a great soothing presence with her and she had a great artistic eye. I’m so pleased with how these came out – Avelynn is a beauty!




Through the slats












Another reason I love these photos is that we had them done when Avelynn was just over a week old and my Auntie Sandy was still with us. She had come to stay with us from the night we got home from the hospital until the following week to help and BOY was she helpful. I couldn't have imagined that first week without her; she cooked and cleaned, and made tea, and talked through moments and rocked with Avelynn and made sure that each night we got at least 4 straight hours of sleep. She was so helpful in practical and emotional ways. Auntie Sandy is like a second mom to me and I'm so so thankful for her. And I'm so glad we got to capture that with this photo. 


Thanks Sherri! I love them!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...