Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Menu Plan Monday, April 8th


Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie

Upcoming week: 
Monday: YOYO
Monday night was a hang out with our friends, Hanne and Drian, downtown. We ate amazingly well, had great conversation AND I won at Settlers: Cities & Knights. Good night indeed!

Tuesday: Chicken Pot Pie
Monday night when I got home, I made lunches for the house. When that was done I looked at the leftovers in front of me (some roasted vegetables, cut up roasted potatoes, 2 grilled sausages, and a bowl of yoshida chicken wings) and knew I needed to make something of it - you can only serve leftovers for lunch for so long. I realized I had refrigerated pie crusts in the fridge downstairs (I always stock up in the states) and could easily turn those ingredients into something that resembles Abby's Chicken Pot Pie. So I added the veggies and potatoes to a giant bowl, cut up the sausages and shredded the wings and added that all to the same bowl. I added two cans of creamed corn, one can of green beans, 2 mini cans of mushrooms and one can of diced potatoes. Then I looked for a creamy soup - while I had a plain cream soup downstairs, I was lazy. I found a "chicken and dumpling" soup can in my upstairs pantry and used that as the flavouring. By the time it was all mixed together (with a bit of garlic and onion salt) it smelt amazing! I greased up a pan, rolled out some pie crusts, layered one on the bottom and topped with the mixture, then added the final pie payer to the top. Cut a few holes, wrap in Saran and voila - dinner is ready and waiting! It took about 45 minutes to prep it all, it only needs to bake for 45 min to an hour and it means that tonight when I get home life will be good :)



Wednesday: Creamy Vodka Meatball Pasta
Wednesday night is tax night - this pasta will be easy to make before tackling a tricky task.

Thursday: Slow Cooker Orzo Pesto Soup
Thursday is sister night AND before that I'm having dinner with Mila. I can leave this at home for Paul to complete for our house. 

Friday: Cheeseburger Wraps
Friday night we have our friends Nick and Laura coming over for dinner and a hang out - this meal sounded super tasty and Nick and Laura are always so appreciated of the food I make them - I like to make them good food.  

Saturday: YOYO
We have a date with the Lim's, so the house is on it's own!

Sunday: YOYO (or slow cooker meal, if students are around)
Sunday we will be babysitting my nephews right at dinner time - I'm not sure if I'll make something for our house - lately on the weekends, even if I make something, it doesn't get eaten....thankfully we can use it for lunches but still. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...